Cassava Flour Pizza Crust is deliciously dairy-free and gluten-free! It's chewy with crispy edges. All you need is 5 ingredients, 1 bowl, and 30 minutes.
I've had a bag of cassava flour that I've been wanting to use for awhile now, but wasn't sure what to make first! I put a poll up on my Instagram stories asking if I should make pizza, crackers, or cereal. Pizza was the clear winner, so here we are!
We love homemade pizza here, so I was excited for the challenge and interested to see how it would turn out. There are several recipes that call for a bunch of ingredients that we didn't have, so I took the basic ingredients and methods from a few and got cooking.
Cassava Flour Pizza Dough
I wanted this recipe to be as accessible as possible, but feel free to add additional seasoning like red pepper flakes or oregano to amp it up! Here's what you'll need:
- Cassava flour (affiliate)
- Ground flaxseed (affiliate)
- Garlic salt
- Warm water
- Olive oil (or avocado oil, veggie oil, etc.)
To make the dough, stir dry ingredients together in a mixing bowl. Add water and olive oil and stir to combine. You may need to use a little additional water to get everything to come together!
I found that rolling the ball of dough flat between two pieces of parchment paper worked well, to avoid sticking. Transfer to prepared pizza pan (or regular baking sheet) and top with sauce and toppings.
It bakes in about 30 minutes, but I recommend letting it cool for a few minutes before cutting into it. The texture changes a bit as everything finishes baking.
Originally I was going to make a garlic olive oil base but we had some extra marinara in the fridge, so I spread that over the cassava flour crust.
I also tossed some red onion, kalamata olives, tomatoes, arugula, and homemade vegan tofu feta on top!
More Gluten-Free Recipes
- Kale Caesar Salad
- Chia Seed Pudding
- Taco Zucchini Boats
- Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Quinoa Stuffed Bell Peppers
- Vegan & Gluten-Free Biscuits
- Spaghetti Squash Pizza Casserole
- Roasted Cauliflower & Chickpea Tacos
If you try this recipe, please share a photo with me over on Instagram♡
Cassava Flour Pizza Crust
- 1 cup cassava flour
- ¼ cup ground flaxseed
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- ½ cup warm water
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375F and prepare a baking pan.
- Stir together cassava flour, ground flax, and garlic salt in a medium sized bowl.
- Add in water and olive oil and mix well to form a ball. You may need to use additional water to get the dough to come together.
- Roll the ball of dough out on parchment paper, to avoid sticking. Transfer to baking pan and sprinkle on desired toppings.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. Remove from oven, let cool slightly, then slice and serve!