These flaxseed pancakes are dairy free, egg free, and vegan friendly! They're soft, light, and fluffy. Perfect for breakfast or brunch!
No dairy, no milk, no eggs, no problem! You'll be amazed at how pillowy these vegan pancakes really are.
I'm so excited to be giving you a sneak peek inside my new digital cookbook, Dairy Free and Egg Free Cooking. The ebook includes 40 recipes for everyday meals!
All of the recipes are 100% free from dairy & egg. Most recipes are easily adaptable to suit gluten free diets.
Dairy Free and Egg Free Pancake
These flaxseed pancakes are quick, simple, healthy, nutritious, and delicious!
I love using ground flaxseed in eggless baking because they are a great source of fiber and help your treats puff up nicely.
Flaxseed Pancakes Ingredients
I love easy allergy friendly recipes that utilize common pantry ingredients. Here's what you'll need to whip up a batch of flapjacks!
- Dairy free milk
- Neutral tasting oil
- Ground flaxseed
- Apple cider vinegar
- Vanilla extract
- All purpose flour
- Coconut sugar
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
How to Make Vegan Pancakes
To make soft and fluffy vegan pancakes start by whisking together the non dairy milk, oil, ground flax meal, apple cider vinegar, and vanilla.
In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, coconut sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
Using a ¼ cup, scoop pancake batter onto warmed skillet. Cook until the bottoms are golden brown and bubbles start to form on top. Flip and cook for another few minutes. Remove from heat and repeat.
Tip from Jenna: Make them super thick or more thin, depending on your preference, by adding and more or less non-dairy milk!
Dairy Free Pancake Variations
Pancakes are so fun due to their versatility. Use these ideas to make this recipe your own!
Favorite Add In's
- Chocolate chips: I love these allergy friendly morsels. Fold them in once the wet mixture has been mixed into the dry.
- Blueberries: My favorite way to incorporate fresh berries into pancakes is while they're actually on the skillet. Once the batter has been scooped onto the skillet, sprinkle blueberries on top and lightly cover with batter.
Best Pancake Toppings
- Plant-based butter
- Maple syrup
- Powdered sugar
- Banana slices
- Peanut butter
- Seasonal fruit
- Fresh berries
Recipe FAQ and Substitutions
What type of milk should I use? Any type of plant based milk works here! Some of my top picks are almond milk, soy milk, oat milk, and macadamia nut milk.
Which oil is neutral tasting? Canola oil and vegetable oil are the most popular. Refined coconut oil and olive oil can be used as well.
What about butter? You can definitely use melted vegan butter instead of oil!
Why ground flaxseed? Flaxseed meal helps bind the pancakes together, similar to how an egg would.
What is a good alternative for apple cider vinegar? ACV can be substituted with lemon juice!
I don't have coconut sugar, what else can I use? If you're vegan, find a vegan-friendly sugar.
Can I make these gluten free? Yes, easily! Use your favorite 1:1 gluten free baking mix or flour blend.
How long do these pancakes keep for? I love making a big double batch of flaxseed pancakes! Store leftovers in an airtight container or bag in the fridge for about 3 days.
Want more dairy free breakfast ideas? Check these out next:
- Vegan Cinnamon Rolls
- Dairy Free and Egg Free French Toast
- Eggless Breakfast Muffins
- Vegan Breakfast Bagel Sandwich
- Plant Based Breakfast Hash
- Easy Blended Baked Oats
- Vegan Blueberry Muffins
- Ultimate Waffle Breakfast Board
- Biscuits and Sausage Gravy
- Tofu Scramble Tater Tot Casserole
- Dairy Free Overnight Oats
- Vegan Chickpea Scramble
- Baked Banana Bread Donuts
I hope you enjoy these breakfast pancakes as much as we do! They’re meal prep approved, kid-friendly, and filling. If you give them a try, please share a photo with me over on Instagram.
- 1 ½ cups dairy-free milk
- ¼ cup neutral-tasting oil
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla exact
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Whisk together dairy-free milk, oil, ground flaxseed, apple cider vinegar, and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, coconut sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Let sit for 5-10 minutes.
- Using a ¼ cup, scoop pancake batter onto warmed skillet. Cook until the bottoms are golden brown and bubbles start to form on top.
- Flip and cook for another few minutes. Remove from heat and repeat.