Enjoy quick and easy allergy-friendly homemade pancakes! Dairy-free and egg-free, using just one flax egg from ground flaxseed.
Flaxseed Pancakes are quick and simple, great for a breakfast treat! Includes flaxseed, which contains omega-3 and is a great source of fiber.
I recently shared a recipe for vegan pancakes using dairy-free milk. This recipe contains no milk, including dairy-free–but does include a flax egg! I love using flax eggs in baking recipes because they make the treat so light and fluffy.
These pancakes puff up nicely and are so delicious you won’t even miss the eggs or dairy!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 tablespoons dairy-free butter
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 flax egg
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Melt dairy-free butter in a small bowl. Add water and flax egg. Whisk together.
- Stir liquid mixture into the dry, mix until it's just combined.
- Using a 1/4 measuring cup, scoop mixture onto medium-high heat skillet. Cook until the bottoms are browned and the top is bubbling. Flip and cook the other side. Repeat until batter is gone.
- Dairy-free chocolate chip: Fold chocolate chips in once the wet mixture has been mixed into the dry ingredients.
- Blueberries: Once the batter has been scooped onto the skillet, sprinkle blueberries on top and lightly cover with batter.