Who else loves weekend morning pancakes? This quick and simple recipe is great for a breakfast treat! Plus includes flaxseed–which contains omega-3 and is a great source of fiber.
I recently shared a recipe for vegan pancakes using dairy-free milk. This recipe contains no milk, including dairy-free–but does include a flax egg! I love using flax eggs in baking recipes, because they make the treat so light and fluffy.
These pancakes puff up nicely and are so delicious you won’t even miss the eggs or dairy!
Yields: 6 pancakes
1 cup all-purpose flour
3 tablespoons sugar
2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 1/2 tablespoons dairy-free butter
3/4 cup water
1 flax egg
1. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
2. Melt dairy-free butter in a small bowl. Add water and flax egg. Whisk together.
3. Stir liquid mixture into the dry, mix until it’s just combined.
4. Using a 1/4 measuring cup, scoop mixture onto medium-high heat skillet. Cook until the bottoms are browned and the top is bubbling. Flip and cook the other side. Repeat until batter is gone.
Enjoy and top with butter or syrup!
– Dairy-free chocolate chip: Fold chocolate chips in once wet mixture have been mixed into the dry ingredients.
– Blueberry: Once the batter has been scooped onto skillet, sprinkle blueberries on top and lightly cover with batter.
Like what you read? Click here to subscribe to my email list!
The Urben Life is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com