This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BakeItYourself #CollectiveBias #HomemadePizzaDough
Learn How to Make Vegan Pizza in 30 minutes with common ingredients, including Fleischmann's® RapidRise® Yeast. This easy recipe is perfect for beginners!
Pizza night, anyone? If you've never tried baking your own pizza dough at home, you're in for a treat! All you need are a few pantry staples, including Fleischmann's® RapidRise® Yeast, your favorite toppings, and you're ready to go.
I remember when I first started baking with yeast. It was a little intimidating at first but a whole lot of fun! After I made my first batch of homemade bagels, I couldn't stop! I wanted to bake everything! I made our first homemade vegan pizza for us about 3 years ago, and now we make it for every pizza night, birthday celebration, and holiday.
30 Minute Vegan Pizza Crust
The result of our homemade crust is golden brown, topped with fresh flavorful vegetables, ready in no time. The taste of homemade dough is unlike anything else you've ever tried! Plus, there's something special knowing that you made it yourself. The mixing, measuring, and pouring is all worth it once you take that first bite!
Vegan Pizza Toppings
Pile the toppings high with your favorite vegetables! Here are a few of my favorite toppings:
- Dairy-free cheese
- Bell pepper
- Red onion
- Artichoke hearts
Tips for Homemade Pizza
- Follow the instructions on the package of Fleischmann's® RapidRise® Yeast.
- The water should be lukewarm and not hot, otherwise it will kill the yeast.
- Use a thermometer to check the temperature of the water – it should be heated to 120˚F-130˚F.
- If you don’t have a thermometer, water should feel very warm to the touch.
- Make sure that the yeast isn’t expired! That’s often the reason of “not rising”.
- To knead dough, add just enough flour to the dough and your hands to keep them from sticking. Flatten the dough and fold it towards you, using the palms of your hands, push the dough away with a rolling motion. Rotate dough a quarter turn and repeat the steps until it’s smooth and elastic.
- If the dough becomes too sticky, add a little more flour!
Want more recipes using yeast?
- Homemade Bagels
- Pull Apart Garlic Loaf
- Homemade White Bread
- Summer Squash Pizza Recipe
- Homemade Pita Bread
How to Make Vegan Pizza
- 1 ¾ - 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 envelope Fleischmann's® RapidRise® Yeast
- 1 ½ teaspoons sugar
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ⅔ cup very warm water (120° to 130°F)
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 1 - 2 cups dairy-free shredded mozzarella cheese
- Other toppings as desired
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a large bowl, combine 1 cup flour, undissolved yeast, sugar, and salt. Add very warm water and oil. Mix until well combined, about 1 minute. Gradually, add enough remaining flour to make a soft dough. You may not have to use all of it.
- Dough should form a ball and will be slightly sticky. Knead on a floured surface, adding additional flour, if needed. Continue to knead until smooth and elastic, about 4 minutes. Let rest for 10 minutes.
- Pat dough with floured hands and transfer to a greased pizza pan or baking sheet. Form a rim by pinching the edge of the dough.
- Spread with pizza sauce, sprinkle on dairy-free cheese, and top with desired toppings.
- Bake on lowest oven rack for about 15 minutes, until crust is golden brown.