Roasted Cauliflower and Chickpea Tacos with Pineapple Salsa is a healthy and filling meatless meal, perfect for any day of the week. Plant-based, dairy-free, and gluten-free!
This post has been sponsored by Sprouts Farmers Market. As always, all thoughts and opinions are my own!
These roasted cauliflower and chickpea tacos are bursting with flavor from the seasoned cauliflower, crispy chickpeas, and refreshing pineapple salsa.
March is National Frozen Foods Month, so I'm going to share a few of my favorite frozen products from Sprouts Farmers Market. I love shopping at Sprouts because they carry a wide variety of allergy-friendly brands and hard to find products.
Roasted Cauliflower and Chickpea Tacos Ingredients
- Cauliflower florets
- Garbanzo beans (yup, chickpeas and garbanzo beans are the same thing!)
- Avocado oil
- Organic taco seasoning mix
How to make Homemade Pineapple Salsa
- Chunked pineapple (found in the frozen section)
- Bell pepper
- Red onion
I'm all about quick and easy weeknight meals, so I took a few shortcuts when making this meatless meal. Spoiler – everything was just as fresh and full of flavor!
By using frozen pineapple, I saved so much time peeling, coring, and chopping. I just set the bag out on the counter to thaw slightly as I prepped the other vegetables, then gave each piece a quick slice to make the chunks a little smaller.
The best part? You can make fresh pineapple salsa all year long, using frozen pineapple!
What kind of tortillas should I use?
I use Siete Almond Flour Tortillas! They're vegan, dairy-free, gluten-free, soy-free, and paleo-friendly. They taste like a buttery flour tortilla but only contain almond flour, tapioca flour, water, sea salt, and xanthan gum.
Are these tacos spicy?
As is, these tacos are not spicy. I added diced jalapeños before serving to add a little kick!
How do I store leftovers?
Refrigerate the roasted cauliflower and chickpeas and the pineapple salsa separately in sealed containers.
To reheat, microwave cauliflower and chickpeas until warmed throughout. Before serving the pineapple salsa, give it a good stir.
Roasted Cauliflower and Chickpea Tacos with Pineapple Salsa
- 1 7 oz. package Siete Almond Flour Tortillas
For the Filling
- 1 12 oz. bag Sprouts Cauliflower Florets
- 1 15 oz. can Sprouts Garbanzo Beans
- 1 Tbsp. avocado oil
- 1 1 oz. envelope Sprouts Organic Taco Seasoning Mix
For the Salsa
- 1 12 oz. bag Sprouts Chunked Pineapple thawed then chopped
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- ½ red onion diced
- ½ lime juiced
- Salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 400F and prepare a baking sheet.
- Toss cauliflower florets and garbanzo beans with 1 Tbsp. avocado oil and taco seasoning mix. Spread evenly on prepared baking sheet then roast for 35 minutes.
- As the cauliflower and garbanzo beans roast, prepare the pineapple salsa by combining all of the salsa ingredients together in a mixing bowl. Stir until well combined, taste and add additional salt, if needed. Set aside.
- To prepare tacos, heat Siete Almond Flour Tortillas individually on griddle over medium-high heat for 10-15 seconds per side. Fill tortillas with roasted cauliflower and chickpeas then top with pineapple salsa.
- Enjoy immediately or garnish with additional optional toppings like diced jalapeño, chopped fresh cilantro, and guacamole!