An awesome allergy-friendly meal! Dairy-free and egg-free homemade oven baked chicken nuggets.
Everybody has a few meals that bring them back to their childhood. Chicken nuggets are one of those for me. There’s something so comforting and familiar with them. I’ve shied away from making them at home in the past because I wasn’t sure how I would get around the egg wash but I found a simple substitute, that I use often when baking. These homemade chicken nuggets make a great lunch or dinner, plus they’re completely dairy-free and egg-free
If you follow me on Instagram, you may have seen my recent post about these. Kikkoman is hosting a contest and I entered using their panko breadcrumbs. This post is not sponsored by them in any way, they just inspired me to finally make chicken nuggets. I decided to use panko rather than breadcrumbs for its light and flaky texture.
Dairy-Free and Egg-Free Baked Chicken Nuggets
1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
2 teaspoons olive oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 cup panko
1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Spray a baking sheet with olive oil cooking spray.
2. Prepare stations by putting olive oil in one small bowl and the panko and Italian seasoning in another. You may have to add more as you go.
3. Season bite size chicken pieces with salt and pepper.
4. Put chicken in the bowl with olive oil and coat completely.
5. Working with a few pieces at a time, move chicken to panko bowl and mix to coat. Then place coated chicken pieces on the prepared baking sheet.
6. Once all the chicken is on the baking sheet, lightly spray the top with cooking spray and bake for 10 minutes. Flip each piece of chicken then bake for another 5 minutes, or until cooked through.
Enjoy with garlic fries or your favorite side dish!
Like what you read? Click here to subscribe to my email list!