Vegan Tofu Feta Cheese is dairy-free, gluten-free, and nut-free! It's perfect for salads and so easy to whip up.
I fell in love with tofu about 4 years ago, around the time when I started this blog! It's incredibly versatile and a great source of protein. In general, I try to have at least one package of tofu in my fridge. Just in case a tofu scramble craving hits or we want an impromptu stir-fry.
Recently, I tried a spinach artichoke pasta bake with a sauce that calls for tofu. I halved the block of tofu then started to think about what I could use the leftover tofu for. TOFU FETA FOR TOPPING!
Easy Vegan Substitute for Feta Cheese
I searched to see if a recipe already exists, and of course there are a few different variations. Some call for white miso and nutritional yeast, but since I didn't have any on hand – I simply left them out.
All you need is firm (or extra-firm) tofu, apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, fresh or dried herbs, and salt.
Tofu Feta Crumbles
One of my favorite ways to enjoy this tofu feta is crumbled into a cucumber tomato salad! I hope y'all love this dairy-free tofu feta cheese as much as we do, it's:
Try it on these vegan salad recipes!
Vegan Tofu Feta Cheese
- 7 ounces firm tofu drained and pressed, then cubed
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ tablespoon dried parsley or other herb
- ½ teaspoon salt more or less, depending on preference
- Combine everything together in a bowl.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator overnight. The longer it marinates, the tastier!