This Deconstructed Stuffed Peppers recipe comes together with ground beef, bell peppers, onion, tomato sauce, cooked rice, and seasoning. The same traditional stuffed bell pepper flavors but faster and less work!
This 9-ingredient unstuffed pepper skillet recipe is perfect for a simple weeknight dinner.
I grew up enjoying stuffed peppers weekly! I love how versatile and easy to adapt they are. But can we all just be honest, they're kind of a hassle to make and difficult to eat.
So why not combine all the ingredients together in one skillet instead? That's exactly what I did and y'all, it's amazing! Easy prep and quick cleanup, can't beat that.
Lazy Stuffed Peppers Ingredients
These unstuffed peppers couldn't be easier! Toss everything together, let cook, and serve. Here's what you need to get cooking:
- Ground beef: I tend to go for a lean ground beef.
- Bell peppers: For this recipe, I used a combo of red and green peppers.
- Tomato sauce
- Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper
- Cooked rice
- Optional fresh basil, to top
How to Make Unstuffed Pepper Skillet
In a large skillet, saute peppers and onion.
Cook until soft then stir in ground beef, breaking it apart as it cooks.
Pour in tomato sauce, seasoning, and cooked rice.
Reduce heat and let simmer for 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Serve topped with basil and enjoy!
Meal Prep Deconstructed Stuffed Peppers
To make-ahead, store leftovers or meal prepped portioned in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days. Reheat in the microwave or on the stovetop.
This recipe always work great as a freezer meal! Let finished dish cool completely then store in a freezer safe container or freezer bag for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator before reheating in the microwave or in a skillet on the stove.
Why You'll Love Skillet Stuffed Peppers
My stuffed pepper skillet using ground beef and peppers with cooked rice will work its way into your dinner rotation in no time. Here's why:
- Cooks in one pot
- Takes less than 30 minutes
- Uses fresh ingredients
- Dairy free (and delicious!)
- Gluten free
- Perfect for meal prep
- Vegan & vegetarian option: Use plant-based meatless crumbles!
- Make low-carb by swapping white or brown rice with cauliflower rice.
- Use ground turkey instead of ground beef.
More dairy free ground beef recipes
Looking for more dairy free dinner recipes? Try these ideas next:
- Mexican Style Stuffed Peppers
- Egg Free & Dairy Free Meatballs
- Ground Beef Flautas (in the air fryer)
- Dairy Free Enchiladas
- Loaded Burger Bowls
- The Best Dairy Free & Egg Free Hamburger
- How to Make Meatball Subs
- Homemade Sloppy Joe's
One Pot Deconstructed Stuffed Peppers
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 bell peppers chopped
- ½ onion chopped
- 15 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 cup cooked rice
- Fresh basil to top
- Warm about a tablespoon of oil in a large skillet and sauté peppers and onion.
- Once soft and translucent, add ground beef, breaking it apart as it cooks.
- Reduce heat and stir in tomato sauce, seasoning, and cooked rice. Let simmer for 5-10 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately topped with fresh basil.
Great base recipe!!! I'll admit I did a couple tweaks the second time around but it was a hit both times!!!
Thanks so much, Suzanne!