Vegan Spinach Artichoke Dip is dairy-free, egg-free, and gluten-free. Perfect for parties!
I first made this dip a few hours before a super bowl party and it was a total hit! Needless to say, I had to document it and share it with y’all.
Vegan Spinach Artichoke dip comes together with a few secret ingredients that I now believe belong in every vegan or dairy-free pantry:
I’ve mentioned it in previous posts, but I really can’t believe how long it took me to experiment with cashew based dips. They’re the best!!! So creamy and unlike any non-dairy dip I had before.
This is a new staple in my pantry and I can’t wait to work with it some more. It completely transformed this dip and gave it that traditional stretchy consistency.
Nooch, as I lovingly call it has been the number one ingredient I recommend to people who are giving up dairy. It has a slight cheesy and nutty flavor, that totally amps up any dish.
Another pro-tip for making this vegan spinach artichoke dip (or really any cashew based recipe) is to let them soak in water overnight. Do not rush this step! It’s important for them to soak for at least eight hours to ensure a smooth base.
Enjoy this spinach artichoke dip with tortilla chips, pita chips, French bread, or even your favorite veggies.
If you’ll be serving the dip at a party or need to keep it warm, simply transfer the mixture to a small slow cooker once it comes out of the oven. Enjoy!
WANT MORE TASTY RECIPES DELIVERED STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX? SUBSCRIBE HERE!
Vegan Spinach Artichoke Dip
For the blender:
- 1/4 cup raw cashews soaked overnight, rinsed, and drained
- 1 cup plain dairy-free milk
- 2 tablespoons tapioca starch
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
For the sauté pan
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 14-ounce can artichoke hearts drained and roughly chopped
- 4 ounces fresh baby spinach chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and grease a small-medium sized ramekin.
- Combine cashews, dairy-free milk, tapioca starch, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, olive oil, and salt in a blender and blend until smooth.
- In a sauté pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until the onion is translucent and starting to turn golden. Add the garlic, chili flakes, pepper, and paprika and stir. Cook for another 1 minute.
- Add the blender mixture into sauté pan. Stir frequently and make sure to scrape around the bottom and edges, to prevent sticking. Continue to stir until everything comes together.
- Add the spinach and artichoke hearts to the sauté pan and stir everything together. Continue to cook for 3 minutes, until the spinach begins to wilt.
- Taste and adjust seasoning, if needed. Transfer to the prepared ramekin. Bake for about 20 minutes, or until the top begins to brown.
- Remove from the oven, let cool slightly, then serve!
Slightly adapted and inspired by Yup, it’s Vegan.
TRIED THIS RECIPE? MENTION @THEURBENLIFE OR TAG #THEURBENLIFE!
Products from Amazon.com
Price: $6.78Was: $7.99
Price: $2.48Was: $3.89