6-Ingredient Spaghetti Squash Pizza Casserole is dairy-free, egg-free, gluten-free and vegan. This dinner casserole is low-carb, hearty, and healthy!
Spaghetti squash is one of those ingredients that I adore but often forget about. Sorry, spaghetti squash! It's so versatile, usually on sale, and yields so much yumminess.
My friend Christina, over at The Whole Cook has an awesome recipe for Baked Spaghetti Squash Casserole and that's what inspired this recipe. One of my most popular blog posts, How To Cook Spaghetti Squash in the Oven, recently got a little makeover so I've been cooking with this squash a lot more than usual.
I realize that a lot (A LOT) of my recipes are either taco related or pizza, but I haven't heard any complaints! I could seriously live off tacos and pizza, they're just so delicious and always hit the spot. Sometimes though, I like to keep myself in check and eat a little healthier.
This recipe is perfect for when you're craving a cheesy and comforting pizza, but you haven't worked out all week... Oops, guilty!
This spaghetti squash pizza casserole is seriously so simple, as the oven does most of the work. It's one of those recipes perfect for weeknights that also serve as an awesome lunch the next day.
I used to hate leftovers but they truly make my life so much easier now that I'm cooking just about all my meals. If you have any casserole leftovers, just store the baking dish covered in your refrigerator and when you're ready to reheat, grab a serving, and pop it in the microwave.
How to Make Spaghetti Squash Pizza Casserole
Start by cooking down your onions and mushrooms, then stir in cooked marinara sauce, olives, and your other favorite pizza toppings. Transfer to a prepared casserole dish, top with vegan cheese and any additional toppings you have (maybe some basil or crushed red pepper). Bake for 25 minutes, remove from oven, and enjoy!
6-Ingredient Spaghetti Squash Pizza Casserole
- 1 medium spaghetti squash cooked and shredded
- 1 small onion chopped
- ½ cup sliced mushrooms
- ¼ cup sliced black olives
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1 cup vegan shredded cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375F. In a medium-large sauté pan, cook onion and mushroom until soft and translucent.
- Turn off the heat and mix in black olives, spaghetti squash, salt, and pepper. Stir in marinara until well combined.
- Transfer mixture to a prepared casserole dish, top with vegan shredded cheese and any additional toppings.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until heated through and cheese has melted.
- Remove from oven and let cool slightly. Serve and enjoy!
TRIED THIS RECIPE? MENTION @THEURBENLIFE OR TAG #THEURBENLIFE!