Vegan Sugar Cookies are perfect for the holiday season but really shine year-round! With just 10 ingredients for the cookies and icing, these are not only delicious but super easy.
These sugar cookies would be great any time of year, but I always crave these bad boys around the holidays.
I love how quick and effortless these cookies come together. Throw on some Trans-Siberian Orchestra and get to baking!
I always want an excuse to use my cookie cutters! If you don't have any or want a more traditional look, dip a water glass into a tiny bit of water and press down on the dough!
How to Make Vegan Icing
The light buttery sugar cookies really come together once they've been iced.
The homemade vegan frosting is seriously my fave!! Two ingredients:
- Powdered sugar
- Dairy-free milk (or water!)
Tips for Making Dairy-Free and Egg-Free Sugar Cookies
- My favorite egg replacer is from Bob's Red Mill. If you don't have a store-bought egg alternative, use a flax egg or chia egg instead!
- If your dough is having a hard time coming together, add up to 1 tablespoon of water until the dough just comes together.
- In my experience, rolling the cookie dough out in between parchment paper makes it much easier than a countertop.
- Be sure to chill the dough in your fridge or freezer!!
Want more vegan sweet treats? Check these recipes out next:
- Peppermint Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
- 4-Ingredient Samoas (Girl Scout Copycat Cookies)
- Super Soft and Fluffy Vegan Cinnamon Rolls
- Vegan Mocha Bundt Cake
- Peppermint Sugar Cookies
- Baked Pumpkin Donuts
- Vegan Peanut Butter Blondies
- Mini Apple Pie Tarts
- Vegan Salted Caramel Cupcakes
- Pumpkin Spice Sugar Cookies
- Easy Vanilla Cake with Chocolate Frosting
I hope you enjoy these easy vegan decorated sugar cookies. They make the perfect dessert, festive snack, or holiday gift! If you give it a try, please share a photo with me over on Instagram.
Vegan Sugar Cookies
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg replacer
- ¾ cup dairy-free butter
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon water
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons dairy-free milk
- A couple drops of food coloring options
- In a medium bowl, mix together the dry ingredients.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer, beat the dairy-free butter and sugar together until creamy. Then add vanilla extract and water, mix. Next, add the dry mixture and mix until a dough is formed.
- Place the dough between two sheets of parchment paper and roll it out. Put on a baking sheet and chill for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Once the dough is chilled, cut the cookie shapes and carefully place them on a parchment lined baking sheet. Re-roll the remaining dough until it's all gone.
- Bake cookies for 8-11 minutes. As the cookies bake, make the icing by mixing the ingredients together in a bowl.
- Once the cookies are done baking, transfer to a wire cooling rack. Wait until completely cool to decorate.
Suggested Equipment and Ingredients