Dairy-Free and Egg-Free Peppermint Sugar Cookies are festive vegan treats, perfect for holiday parties and dessert! Decorate your soft and chewy sugar cookies with a chocolate drizzle or crushed peppermints.
I know for a lot of you, I'm too early with all the holiday content... I just love the festive and fun holiday season so much and can't wait to share all the cozy and comforting recipes with you!
Vegan Peppermint Sugar Cookies are ideal for cookie swaps and bake sales because they're a classic sugar cookie, drizzled with dark chocolate and dusted with crushed peppermint. What's not to love?!
I'm all for Halloween and the beginning of fall, but I am truly obsessed with the holiday season! And now that we're in November, bring on all the festive foods and holiday treats.
I love classic sugar cookies because they're so easy to make and have endless decorating options! Which do you prefer a little drizzle or fully covered? Personally, I'll eat either!
Gluten-Free Peppermint Sugar Cookies
To make your cookies gluten-free, simply substitute the all-purpose flour for gluten-free flour and remember to check all your product labels.
Why you NEED these peppermint cookies...
- They're the perfect treat for binge watching corny Hallmark and Lifetime holiday movies!
- They make great gifts, wrapped in cellophane or packaged nicely in a box.
- School bake sale? These cute cookies are sure to be the talk of the town!
- Hosting a cookie swap? Who doesn't love a soft sugar cookie!?
More festive recipes?
- Easy Baked Pumpkin Donuts
- Vegan Gingerbread Latte
- Homemade Vegan S'mores
- Vegan Eggnog
- Dairy-Free Hot Chocolate
Dairy-Free and Egg-Free Peppermint Sugar Cookies
- ½ cup dairy-free butter
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 prepared egg replacer
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons dairy-free milk
- For the topping: 1 cup melted vegan chocolate + crushed peppermints
- In the bowl of your stand mixer, beat together vegan butter and sugar. Add brown sugar, egg replacer peppermint extract, and vanilla extract.
- Add flour, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda, and salt to stand mixer and mix until incorporated. Add dairy-free milk and mix until a dough is formed.
- Cover bowl and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Once chilled, preheat oven to 350F.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop out dough and roll into balls. Arrange on prepared baking sheet and gently press down. Sprinkle extra sugar on top, if desired.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, or until slightly golden brown. Remove from oven and let rest for a few minutes. Transfer to cooling rack and let cool completely.
- Once cooled, drizzle with melted vegan chocolate and top with crushed peppermints.
SHOP THE POST