Learn how to make vegan s'mores with homemade marshmallows, delicious dairy-free chocolate, and graham crackers.
Arguably one of the most important ingredients in s'mores is a melt-in-your-mouth marshmallow. Sure you could buy a bag of vegan marshmallows on Amazon, but making them at home is so much fun!
Use this 8-ingredient vegan marshmallows recipe below for light and fluffy sweet treats! We use agar powder in place of gelatin. Perfect for the holidays, parties, camping trips, and more.
Be sure to check out my article all about making vegan marshmallows at home right here!
Baking Ingredients and Equipment
For this recipe, you may need to do a little pre-baking shopping! Here are the exact ingredients and equipment I use and love in my kitchen.
The Best Vegan S’mores
Now that you have the best delicious ooey-gooey homemade marshmallows, grab your graham crackers and vegan chocolate and let's get roasting!
Want more recipes? Grab my dairy-free holiday ebook with 30 dairy-free, egg-free, and accidentally vegan recipes!
How to Make Vegan S’mores with Homemade Marshmallows
- 2 teaspoons vegan butter
- ½ cup powdered sugar divided
- 3 tablespoons agar powder
- 1 cup cold water divided
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon peppermint extract
For the S'mores
- Dairy-free chocolate bar
- Graham crackers
- Line a square baking pan with foil and grease with vegan butter. Dust the pan with ¼ cup of the powdered sugar then set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer with the whisk attachment, sprinkle agar powder over ½ cup cold water. Slow mix until agar powder has dissolved.
- In a large saucepan, combine the remaining ½ cup water with sguar, corn syrup, and salt. Bring to a boil, without stirring, until a candy thermometer reads 240° F.
- Remove from heat and carefully transfer to the stand mixer. Beat on high speed until the mixture is thick, about 10-15 minutes. Mix in peppermint extract.
- Transfer to prepared baking pan immediately and let sit uncovered for at least 12 hours. Once the tops are completely dry, place in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Once cooled, lift marshmallows out of the pan and cut them with a knife. Coat each marshmallows with remaining powdered sugar.
- To assemble s'mores, place one marshmallow on a graham cracker with some dairy-free chocolate.
SHOP THE POST