These vegan peppermint chocolate crinkle cookies are rich, fudgy, and irresistible! This recipe is dairy-free, egg-free, and can easily be made gluten-free.
Meet your new favorite Christmas cookie! These sweet treats are perfect for holiday baking.
I love how the powdered sugar coating resembles a dusting of snow. These crinkle cookies require a bit of chilling, but other than that, they're super easy and bake in under 15 minutes.
Peppermint Chocolate Crinkle Cookies FAQ
What can I use instead of coconut oil? Canola oil or plant-based butter works too!
Does the coconut oil make these cookies taste like coconut? Nope, just be sure to use refined coconut oil. It has a neutral taste, so no coconut taste or smell.
What kind of dairy-free milk should I use? You can really use any non-dairy milk. Try almond, soy, cashew, or possibly coconut!
How can I make these gluten-free friendly? Simply use your favorite gluten-free flour.
Why do you roll the cookies in both granulated and powdered sugar? Rolling the cookie dough balls in granulated sugar before rolling them in powdered sugar helps the cookies crack and keeps the powdered sugar coating in place.
Do I have to chill the dough? YES! The dough will be fairly sticky, so placing it in the fridge will make it easier to work with.
TIP: I also suggest popping the coated cookie dough balls in the fridge as the oven preheats. This will prevent the cookies from falling flat.
Want more simple festive recipes? Try these next:
- DIY Dairy-Free Hot Cocoa Mix
- Dairy-Free and Egg-Free Sugar Cookies
- Vegan Salted Caramel Cupcakes
- Dairy-Free and Egg-Free Brownies
- Mini Apple Pie Tarts
Peppermint Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
- 1 ½ cups brown sugar
- ⅓ cup melted coconut oil
- ⅓ cup dairy-free milk
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup granulated sugar for rolling
- ¼ cup powdered sugar for rolling
- Whisk the brown sugar and melted coconut oil together in a large bow. Add the ground flaxseed, dairy-free milk, vanilla extract, and peppermint extract. Stir well to combine.
- Add the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Stir until combined and dough forms. Let dough chill covered in the fridge for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Place the granulated sugar and powdered sugar in two separate small bowls. Use a cookie scoop or tablespoon to scoop balls of dough. Roll in granulated sugar then coat generously in powdered sugar.
- Place on prepared baking sheets, leaving room for them to spread. Bake for about 12 minutes, until set. Remove from oven and let cool on the baking sheet for 15 minutes. The cookies will firm up as they cool. Transfer to a wire rack to let cool completely.
SHOP THE POST