These healthy 4-ingredient samoas cookies are so easy to make, nostalgic, and delicious! This copycat vegan girl scout cookie recipe comes together in about 30 minutes. Perfect for a sweet breakfast treat, afternoon snack, or dessert!
It’s girl scout season! My favorite cookies have always been thin mints but I couldn’t pass up an opportunity to recreate samoas or caramel delites. Chances are you might already have these ingredients in your pantry and on your kitchen counter! You’ll need:
- A very ripe banana (or two, depending on the size)
- Shredded coconut
- Vegan chocolate chips
- Coconut oil
Simply mash your bananas in a mixing bowl then stir in the shredded coconut. Form small disc shaped cookies and transfer to a prepared baking sheet.
Using a chopstick, the back of a spoon, or your finger; create small holes in the centers of each samoa cookie. Bake for 20-25 minutes then let cool.
Meanwhile, melt the dairy-free chocolate and stir in coconut oil. Once the cookies are chilled, drizzle the chocolate over, then place in the fridge to set.
Chocolate Banana Coconut Cookies
Here’s how to make samoas at home! This recipe is allergy-friendly and plant-based. Compared to traditional girl scout samoas cookies, these are a great alternative being:
- Dairy free
- Egg free
- Gluten free
- Soy free
- And wheat free
Want more dairy free desserts? Check these out next:
- Vegan Cinnamon Rolls
- Homemade Mocha Bundt Cake
- Baked Pumpkin Donuts
- Peanut Butter Blondies
- Dairy Free & Egg Free Brownies
Samoas Recipe Video
Watch my quick tutorial to see these treats come together!
I hope you enjoy these healthy homemade samoas cookies! They’re kid-friendly and the perfect grab-and-go snack. If you give it a try, please share a photo with me over on Instagram.
4-Ingredient Samoas Cookies
For the cookies
- 1 cup very ripe banana (about 1 large or 2 small bananas)
- 1 cup shredded coconut
For the drizzle
- 1/4 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Mash the banana in a medium sized bowl, then stir in the shredded coconut, mix until combined.
- Using your hands or a tablespoon, form small balls then flatten into discs. Place on prepared baking sheet and repeat. To create a small hole in the center of each cookie, use a chopstick or your finger.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until cookies are golden brown. Remove from oven, let cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Melt the chocolate chips in a small microwave-safe bowl then stir in coconut oil. Drizzle over each cookie then transfer to the refrigerator to let set.