Soft and chewy vegan peanut butter blondies loaded with mini dairy-free chocolate chips! Simple and delicious, made in 1 bowl.
This post has been sponsored by Texas Peanuts. As always, all thoughts and opinions are my own!
These easy from-scratch vegan pb blondies are dense and rich, with a hint of sweetness. They’ll definitely satisfy that sweet tooth of yours!
Enjoy for dessert with a scoop of dairy-free ice cream on top or savor as a sweet afternoon snack.
The Texas Peanut Board provides peanut research, consumer and grower educational programs, recipe ideas, and more. Be sure to check out their resources at texaspeanuts.com!
Did you know that there are four main types of peanuts? Here in Texas, we’re the only state to grow all four varieties! There’s Runner, Spanish, Virginia, and Valencia.
For making homemade pb, I recommend using runner peanuts. They’re the most widely consumed variety and have a delicious flavor.
PS: November is National PB Lover’s Month, so bake these bars to celebrate!
Make Peanut Butter at Home From Scratch
If you’ve never made homemade peanut butter before, you have to give it a try ASAP!
- Start by roasting 1 cup of raw peanuts in the oven at 350F for about 10 minutes
- Immediately after, transfer the peanuts to a food processor and pulse a few times to chop them up
- Run the food processor for about 3-5 minutes, scraping down the sides, as needed.
The mixture will first transform into a dry crumbly texture, then begin to clump together, before turning into a glossy, smooth, creamy peanut butter. Stir in a pinch of salt and you’ve got yourself homemade pb.
This makes about a 1/2 cup of peanut butter, the perfect amount for our dessert bars. If you would rather use store-bought, you absolutely can!
Vegan Peanut Butter Blondies Recipe
My baked blondie bars come together with 9 common ingredients and bake in about 30 minutes. Here’s what you need:
- Melted unsalted plant-based butter
- Brown sugar
- Creamy peanut butter (homemade or store-bought)
- Flax egg
- Vanilla extract
- All-purpose flour (to make gluten-free: use your favorite GF flour)
- Baking powder
- Mini vegan chocolate chips
How to Bake Blondies with Tips
To bake these sweet treats, start by preheating your oven to 350F. I suggest lining your baking pan with aluminum foil for easy removal once the blondies are baked.
Whisk together the melted vegan butter and brown sugar in a large mixing bowl. Stir in peanut butter, prepared flax egg, and vanilla. Mix until well combined then add in the flour and salt. Finally, fold in the chocolate chips.
Transfer the batter into your lined baking pan and spread it into an even layer. Bake for about 30 minutes, or until the cooked through. Once baked, remove from the oven and let cool completely before cutting them into individual pieces.
Want more peanut-focused recipes to go nuts over? Check out these next:
- Peanut Tofu Bowls
- Spaghetti Squash with Peanut Sauce
- Spicy Garlic Peanut Noodles
- 3-Ingredient Homemade Dog Treats
- Dark Chocolate Coffee Nut Bars
I hope you and your family enjoys these peanut chocolate chip blondies! If you try this recipe, please share a photo with me over on Instagram.
Vegan Peanut Butter Blondies
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted plant-based butter melted
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter homemade or store-bought
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon ground flaxseed + 3 tablespoons water)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour gluten-free, if needed
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup mini vegan chocolate chips more or less, depending on preference
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a 9×13 baking pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together melted butter and brown sugar. Stir in the peanut butter, flax egg, and vanilla extract until well combined. Stir in flour and salt, then fold in chocolate chips.
- Transfer the blondie batter into the prepared baking pan and spread it out into an even layer.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until fully cooked through. Remove from the oven, let cool completely, then cut into 8 even bars.