In the past I’ve tried making rice on the stove and in our rice cooker, now I’ve finally found a tried and true way to make this delicious rice for our weekly taco dinners.
Homemade Taco Rice
1 cup long grain rice, uncooked
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/2 cup tomato sauce
1 can (14 oz) chicken broth
2-3 garlic cloves, minced
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cumin
1. Heat oil in a medium saucepan, then add rice and stir until rice begins to lightly toast.
2. Add in the garlic, salt, and cumin. Gently stir until the rice looks nice and golden.
4. Add in the tomato sauce and chicken broth, turn up heat and bring to a boil.
5. Once boiling, reduce heat to low and cover with lid.
6. Let sit on low heat for about 15-20 minutes then remove from heat.
7. Fluff with a fork and serve!
Like what you read? Click here to subscribe to my email list!
The Urben Life is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com