This vegan taco salad with catalina dressing is the ultimate meatless meal. It's perfect for a quick and healthy lunch or easy dinner.
You won't miss the meat in this colorful and protein-packed salad! It's full of flavor and texture.
Fresh crisp veggies paired with a zesty salad dressing is fast, light, and ideal for meal prep. It's a fun twist on traditional taco salad.
Why you'll love this recipe
This homemade vegan taco salad with beans recipe is dairy free, gluten free, vegan, and vegetarian!
I love how hearty this big taco salad bowl is. It's packed full of all my favorite flavors and super easy to customize.
Everyone can choose which toppings and how much they want. Perfect for picky eaters!
This flavorful salad is so versatile! You can add your favorite taco toppings to make the taco salad of your dreams. Here's what you'll need to get started:
Lettuce: Romaine lettuce or iceberg lettuce have a fresh crunch, but feel free to use spinach or your favorite leafy green.
Tomatoes: Use ripe cherry tomatoes, grape tomatoes, or a chopped roma tomato.
Onion: I like using red onion, but a sweet yellow onion works well too.
Beans: Feel free to use black beans, pinto beans, red kidney beans, garbanzo beans, or a mix of your favorite.
Olives: Black olives give this salad a delicious briny flavor.
Bell pepper: Any color will work and provide a nice crunch!
Salad dressing: Kraft Catalina Dressing is a popular choice for this taco salad! It’s accidentally vegan too, meaning it’s totally dairy free and egg free.
Additional toppings: Add corn for a juicy bite, avocado for a smooth healthy fat, additional protein, salsa, or try frito corn chips or doritos for a crunch.
How to make the best taco salad
- Chop and prepare all of the ingredients.
- Place lettuce in a large serving bowl.
- Arrange veggies and toppings on top.
- Drizzle dressing over the salad and toss.
- Portion into even servings and enjoy!
Alternatively, prep everything and place in separate containers. Let everyone serve themselves by piling toppings of choice high on a bed of lettuce.
Frequently asked questions
If you plan on having leftovers, store ingredients separately in airtight containers or bags. This taco salad will stay fresh for up to 5 days when stored in the refrigerator.
Yes, fritos original corn chips are vegan friendly! They contain 3 plant-based ingredients – corn, corn oil, and salt.
Yes, lightly salted corn doritos are vegan friendly! They contain 3 plant-based ingredients – corn, vegetable oil, and salt.
Taco salad with french dressing is delicious. I also enjoy whisking together equal parts salsa with vegan yogurt to make a creamy salsa dressing.
Want more quick and easy salad recipes? Try these next:
- Chickpea Taco Salad
- Vegan Honey Mustard Chicken Salad
- Veggie Pasta Salad
- Chickpea Kale Caesar Salad
- Buffalo Chickpea Salad
- Loaded Big Mac Salad
- Mediterranean Quinoa Salad Bowl
I hope you enjoy this dairy-free taco salad recipe as much as we do! If you give it a try, please share a photo with me over on Instagram.
Taco Salad with Catalina Dressing
- 1 bag romaine lettuce chopped
- 1 can pinto beans rinsed and drained
- 1 tomato chopped
- ½ red onion chopped
- ¼ bell pepper chopped
- ¼ cup corn
- ¼ cup sliced olives
- 1 cup catalina dressing more or less, depending on preference
- Additional topping ideas: Fritos, doritos, avocado
- Chop and prepare all of the taco salad ingredients.
- Place chopped lettuce in a large serving bowl and arrange toppings on top. Drizzle dressing over the salad and toss to coat.
- Alternatively, prep everything and place in separate containers. Let everyone serve themselves by piling toppings of choice on a bed of lettuce.