Make your own Homemade Sofritas Burrito Bowl with Cilantro Lime Rice using seasoned tofu, vegetables, black beans, and Success® Basmati Rice.
This post has been sponsored by Success® Rice. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Homemade sofritas burrito bowls come together in under 30 minutes with all of your favorite toppings! These bowls are slightly spicy and delicious, perfect for quick and easy weeknight dinners. They also double as great meal-prepped lunches for the week.
Make tasty takeout-inspired cilantro lime rice in just minutes with almost no cleanup! With Success Basmati Rice, there's no need to measure or make a mess. Just bring a pot of water to a boil, toss in the BPA-free boil-in-bag rice, and continue cooking.
I have always lived just down the road from Kroger, so I was thrilled when a new Kroger Marketplace opened just two miles from our new house. They always have the fresh produce I'm looking for and run amazing deals! Right now, when you buy 10 boxes of Success Rice or Success Quinoa, you save $5.
Sofritas Burrito Bowl
To keep it simple, we're starting with a base of cilantro lime rice topped with spicy tofu sofritas, bell pepper, onion, black beans, and of course, guacamole!
This recipe is extremely flexible! Don't have black beans on hand? Use pinto beans instead. If peppers and onions aren't enough for you, toss in some diced tomatoes or additional vegetables.
Don't be afraid to stray from the recipe and make it your own!
How to Make Tofu Sofritas
Start by draining and pressing extra-firm tofu. You can either wrap the tofu in paper towels on a plate and place a heavy cast-iron skillet on top or use a tofu press. Either way works and honestly, if you're pressed for time—you can skip the step completely. Just make sure to drain the tofu very well.
Crumble the tofu up in a skillet using a wooden spoon or potato masher. Cook it in a little olive oil, then set aside. As the tofu cooks, combine chipotle peppers, adobo sauce, onion, garlic, lemon juice, tomato paste, sugar, salt, and water together in a food processor. Mix until smooth, then transfer to skillet with tofu. Let the sofritas cook while you prepare the other vegetables!
How to Make Cilantro Lime Rice
Making cilantro lime rice couldn't be easier! Once you make it at home once, you're hooked for a lifetime. Using Success Basmati Rice is another game changer because of how simple it is. The best part is that you still get the same taste and perfect chew.
To cook the rice, bring water to a boil and prepare two bags of Success Basmati white rice. The secret is remembering to toss a bay leaf into the water. After about 10 minutes, remove the bags of rice and discard the bay leaf. Open the packages; pour into a bowl; stir in fresh cilantro, lime juice, salt, and pepper; and you're done!
Homemade Burrito Bowl
To assemble burrito bowls, portion out cilantro lime rice. Top with desired amount of tofu sofritas, veggies, and black beans. Sprinkle on chopped red onion and tomatoes, and don't forget that spoonful of guacamole on top.
Customize Your Burrito Bowl
Make your bowl your own by drizzling hot sauce on top or adding corn salsa for more of a crunch. Even though guac is a classic, sliced avocado works just fine and tastes delicious too.
If you're dairy-free, do a dollop of plain yogurt alternative in place of sour cream. It makes the bowl creamy and delicious!
Quick and Easy Homemade Burrito Bowl
These burrito bowls are loaded with flavor, making them a delicious meatless meal for any day of the week! Load them up with romaine lettuce for more of a salad or serve them with a warm tortilla to build your own burrito.
With fresh ingredients and a speedy base of rice, this meal is not only quick but comforting too! What are you favorite burrito bowl toppings?
Click on the bottom below to add all of my recipe ingredients to your shopping cart!
Homemade Sofritas Burrito Bowl with Cilantro Lime Rice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (16-ounce package) extra firm tofu drained and pressed
- 2 chipotle peppers canned in adobo sauce
- 2 tablespoons adobo sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 large lemon juiced
- ½ small onion roughly chopped
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup water
Cilantro Lime Rice
- 2 bags Success® Basmati Rice
- 1 bay leaf
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
Burrito Bowl Toppings
- ¼ red onion sliced
- 2 bell peppers sliced
- 1 can black beans drained and rinsed
- Additional toppings: Chopped romaine lettuce, guacamole, pico de gallo
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat and crumble drained and pressed tofu, using a wooden spoon or potato masher.
- Meanwhile, combine chiptole peppers, adobo sauce, tomato paste, lemon juice, onion, garlic, sugar, salt, and water together in a food processor. Mix until smooth then transfer to skillet with tofu. Let cook over low-medium heat.
- In a second skillet, cook down sliced red onion and bell peppers. Once cooked, add black beans to skillet to warm up.
- As tofu and veggies cook, bring a pot of water to a boil and toss in bay leaf. Cook rice according to the package directions. After about 10 minutes, remove the bags of rice and discard the bay leaf. Open the bags of rice and pour into a bowl. Stir in fresh cilantro, lime juice, salt, and pepper.
- To assemble burrito bowls, portion out cilantro lime rice at the bottom of each bowl. Top with desired amount of tofu sofritas, veggies, and black beans. Add addititional toppings and serve! Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator.