Mexican-Style Stuffed Peppers with ground beef and potatoes, topped with avocado and dairy-free cheese. A perfect weeknight dinner recipe!
Stuffed peppers are a great and healthy alternative to tacos or burritos with giant tortillas! In an effort to serve up a lower-carb Taco Tuesday dinner, I stuck true to my typical meal but stuffed then baked bell peppers.
I grew up having stuffed peppers, smothered in cheese. For those of you who can digest cheese, go forth – but if you can't, avocado adds a nice creaminess!
We recently started adding diced potatoes to our tacos. We got the idea from one of our favorite Mexican restaurants, Rosa's Cafe! The first time I saw them in there I didn't know what to expect, but they're so tasty so now I add them in as a treat from time to time.
Mexican-Style Stuffed Peppers
- 4 medium-large bell peppers
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3 small potatoes diced
- Taco Seasoning
- Toppings: Sliced avocado, dairy-free cheese
- Slice the tops off of bell peppers and remove seeds. Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a large skillet, cook ground beef as you normally would, breaking it into pieces as it cooks. About halfway through, toss in diced potatoes and let soften. Once everything is cooked, stir in taco seasoning.
- Prepare a baking dish and place bell peppers in, making sure none will fall over. Transfer mixture into bell peppers and cover the baking dish with foil. Bake for 45 minutes. Once done, remove from oven and top with your favorite garnishes.