This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #idaretodip #daretodip #CollectiveBias
Dairy-Free Chile con Queso is thick, creamy, and delicious. This quick and easy dip comes together with a few common ingredients, including RO*TEL® Original Diced Tomatoes and Green Chilies, to add a little kick!
It’s the beginning of October, which means spooky season is upon us! Whether you’re hosting a Halloween party or family-friendly potluck, this dip is the perfect appetizer to get you in the spirit. It’s quick, easy, and full of flavor. You’ll want to make it for every occasion!
I bought RO*TEL® at Walmart. You can choose from an array of their diced tomato and green chili blends that deliver the bold and adventurous flavor they’re known for! Hover over the photo above and clickthrough to purchase RO*TEL® for your next party.
Dairy-Free Chile con Queso Ingredients
There are a couple really awesome ways to make an ooey-gooey cheesy dip without any cheese or dairy. Some involve soaking cashews overnight and others have you make a roux. For my dairy-free chile con queso, we’re taking the quick and easy approach!
Before we get started, gather your ingredients. All you need are a couple vegetables, olive oil, lemon juice, common spices and seasoning, and of course a few cans of RO*TEL®.
How To Make Dairy-Free Queso Dip
Start by giving the potatoes and carrots a rough chop. You’re going to blend everything together, so this isn’t the time to show off your knife skills! Bring the veggies to a boil and once they’re fork-tender, drain from pot and transfer to a food processor.
Add water, olive oil, lemon juice, and seasoning to the food processor and blend until silky smooth. You may have to stop a couple times to scrape down the sides of the food processor, just make sure everything is well mixed together. Taste and adjust seasoning, if needed.
Transfer cheese sauce to a cast iron skillet and stir in two cans of RO*TEL®. Warm on stovetop then serve, garnished with jalapeño, fresh cilantro, and lime juice.
The Best Dairy-Free Chile con Queso
So, what makes this the best chile con queso? Aside from being dairy-free, gluten-free, nut-free, and vegan! (Those are all musts for me when serving something at a get together.) It’s also…
- Terrifyingly Tasty: You won’t miss the dairy one bit with this chile con queso! It tastes just like the real deal and thanks to the nutritional yeast, we get that cheesy flavor and color we all know and love so much. The “hidden veggies” mixed into the dip make this the ultimate guilt-free party snack!
- Freaky Fast: From start to finish, this dip takes about 30 minutes to come together. Prep work takes 5 minutes or less, boiling the veggies takes around 15 minutes, then you just have to mix everything together, stir in the diced tomatoes and green chilies, and you’re good to go.
- Eerily Easy: I love this recipe because it’s so easy and perfect for beginners in the kitchen! Simply chop up some veggies, bring them to a boil, blend everything together, and stir in a couple cans of RO*TEL®.
Dare to Dip
Who’s ready for some Halloween fun?! Now that our dip is ready to go, it’s time to start decorating! When it comes to holiday decor, I’m definitely of the “go big or go home” mindset.
When I think Halloween Party, I think festive pumpkins, spooky spiders, and spider webs. What about you?
Set the Spooky Scene
Here are four simple and affordable decorating tips for hosting the spookiest Halloween party around town!
- Use a cast iron skillet to keep the queso dip warm all night long
- Spread out fake spider webs, instead of hauling out a huge table cloth
- Bring in different sized pumpkins to help create a fall-inspired tablescape
- Decorate around the dip using realistic plastic spiders
If you like thick and creamy delicious dips, this dairy-free chile con queso is for you. But it’s not just for Halloween! It’s also perfect for tailgating, holiday parties, neighborhood get togethers, after school snacks, and more.
Give this dairy-free chile con queso recipe a try and let me know what you think! It’s a fun and festive way to celebrate Halloween and the fall season.
For more Halloween inspiration, click here!
Dairy-Free Chile con Queso
- 2 large potatoes peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 large carrots peeled and roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cans 10 oz. RO*TEL® Original Diced Tomatoes and Green Chilies drained
- In a large pot of water, bring potatoes and carrots to a boil. Once fork-tender, drain water from pot, and transfer vegetables to a food processor.
- Add water, olive oil, lemon juice, nutritional yeast flakes, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper to food processor and blend until smooth. Taste and adjust seasoning, if needed.
- Transfer sauce to cast iron skillet and stir in RO*TEL® Original Diced Tomatoes and Green Chilies. If the mixture is too thick, add additional water one tablespoon at a time.
- Warm on stovetop then serve, garnished with jalapeño, fresh cilantro, and lime juice.