This tasty chia water infused with lemon juice is the perfect morning detox drink. It's nourishing, light, and refreshing!
I kick start every morning with a glass of water but lately I've been adding a special ingredient – chia seeds!
Chia seeds contain many nutrients and minerals including calcium, magnesium, iron, and potassium. Mixing chia seeds with water is great for hydration and digestion.
Chia Fresca Recipe
Ingredients Needed To Make Chia Seed Water
- Water: Regular tap water or coconut water
- Chia Seeds: I buy mine online or in the bulk section of the grocery store
- Sweetener: This is optional
- Lemon: Use fresh lemon juice or sub for lime juice
Use this as more of a guide. If you prefer more or less of a gel consistency, add chia seeds accordingly. Similarly, if you like your infused water to be more pronounced, squeeze extra lemon juice in. I personally don't always add a sweetener, but agave or maple syrup are great mixed in.
How To Make Chia Fresca At Home
- Add the chia seeds to your glass of water.
- Stir well and let sit.
- Add sweetener and lemon juice, stir and let sit.
- Stir for a final time and serve!
I continue to swirl my straw around as I enjoy my chia drink.
You can also make this beverage ahead of time and store covered in the fridge for a few days. Just give it a big shake before drinking!
Want more healthy recipes to start your day off with? Try these next:
I hope you enjoy homemade chia seed water as much as we do. It's delicious, nutritious, and the perfect thing to jazz up a boring glass of water. If you give them a try, please share a photo with me over on Instagram.
Chia Seed Water
- 12-16 ounces water
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon agave, maple syrup, or honey
- Fill a large glass with water.
- Add chia seeds, stir well, and let sit for about 5 minutes.
- Stir chia seeds to avoid clumps and let sit for another 5 minutes.
- Add lemon juice and sweetener of choice.
- Stir and enjoy!