Eggless Breakfast Muffins are mini plant-based frittatas made with chickpea flour, bell pepper, red onion, jalapeño, spinach, and seasoning.
These little muffins come together in just about 30 minutes! They are great make-ahead breakfasts for a busy morning or for a grab-and-go option.
Eggless Breakfast Muffins are completely egg-free, dairy-free, soy-free, and gluten-free. Perfect for everybody in the family! I remember growing up on my mom’s delicious frittatas. Most of the time, even now with my egg allergy, I prefer a savory breakfast over something sweet. What about you? Which do you prefer?
For those who are new to my blog, I am completely egg-free and dairy-free due to food allergies and intolerances. I haven’t had eggs since high school! One of the first things I had to make after seeing how awesome the chickpea flour scramble came together were these breakfast muffins.
As I was scrolling on the hashtag chickpea flour tag on Instagram, I saw awesome creations like these mini frittatas and egg-free omelets and quiche. This recipe has been inspired by and slightly adapted from multiple recipes I came across.
Go ahead and switch up the vegetables depending on personal preference and what you have on hand. I used bell pepper, red onion, and spinach. In the future, I’ll be sure to test out corn, carrots, zucchini, and maybe even mushrooms.
Since I started sharing more egg-free breakfast ideas, quite a few people have asked about using black salt. Since I’m not a huge fan of how eggs taste or smell to begin with, I do not include that ingredient in my recipes. If you’re interested in trying it out, start by using a 1/2 teaspoon. Black salt, also known as kala namak or Himalayan Black Salt, is volcanic rock salt that is said to mimic the taste of eggs.
Enjoy these breakfast muffins on their own, with a little hot sauce, or accompanied with your other morning favorites. Leftovers can be stored covered in the refrigerator for a few days and can be reheated in the microwave. They are quite dense and a perfect filling, healthy way to jump start your day!
I hope you enjoy these chickpea breakfast muffins as much as we do! If you try this recipe, please share a photo with me over on Instagram.
Eggless Breakfast Muffins (Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Vegan)
- 1 3/4 cups chickpea flour
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 bell pepper diced
- 1/4 red onion diced
- Handful of spinach chopped
- 2 1/4 cups water
- Salt and pepper to taste
More veggie ideas: Jalapeño, Zucchini, Squash, Tomatoes, Carrots, Mushrooms
- Preheat oven to 375F and prepare a nonstick muffin pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together chickpea flour, nutritional yeast, baking powder, garlic powder, dried basil, dried parsley, salt, and pepper.
- Stir in bell pepper, red onion, spinach, and any other vegetables.
- Pour water into the bowl and mix to combine.
- Scoop the batter into prepared muffin pan and bake for 30 minutes.
- Muffins are done cooking when a toothpick comes out clean from the center. Once done, remove from oven and let cool slightly.
- Transfer to cooling rack, enjoy warm.
SHOP THE POST