Chickpea Scramble comes together in no time and is vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, egg-free, and soy-free! Toss it together with your favorite veggies and you have a filling plant-based breakfast.
It's no secret that I love tofu scramble but sometimes I like to limit my soy intake. That's where chickpea scramble comes into play! It's easy, healthy, and filling – the perfect breakfast? It's definitely one of my new favorites.
Are you interested in more breakfast recipes? Be sure to let me know what you think and if you want to see more morning meals!
So what is chickpea scramble?
Chickpea scramble comes together with just chickpea flour, water, nutritional yeast, turmeric, cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
I prefer my scramble with vegetables mixed in, just to amp it up a bit. A few of my favorite add-ins are sweet potato, mushrooms, bell pepper, and jalapeño. But throw in your faves or what you have on hand!
Perfect for breakfast!
If you're looking for a super simple savory breakfast, this is the meal for you!
- High in protein, iron, and fiber
- Ready in just minutes
- Vegan and allergy-friendly
Quick and easy chickpea scramble
Ready to make it? Start by stirring the chickpea flour, water, nutritional yeast, and spices together in a bowl then set aside. Heat a tablespoons of olive oil in a nonstick pan over medium-low heat. Pour the chickpea flour dough into the pan and let cook for about three minutes, until the edges start to firm up a bit. Scramble the mixture and let sit again. Once the chickpea flour scramble comes together, break apart, and serve warm! I paired mine with veggies but it would be great on its own or served on toast!
I hope you enjoy this chickpea breakfast scramble as much as we do! If you try this recipe, please share a photo with me over on Instagram.
Chickpea Flour Dough
- 1 cup chickpea flour
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
Optional add-ins: Sweet potato, mushroom, onion, bell pepper, jalapeño
- Stir all of the chickpea flour dough ingredients together in a bowl then set aside.
- Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a nonstick pan over medium-low heat.
- Pour the chickpea flour dough into the pan and let cook for about three minutes, until the edges start to firm up a bit.
- Scramble the mixture and let sit again. Once the chickpea flour scramble comes together, break apart, mix in vegetables to warm, and serve.
SHOP THE POST