This delicious Vegan Jamaican Irish Sea Moss Drink is creamy and refreshing. It's anti-inflammatory and packed with superfoods!
What is Sea Moss?
Sea Moss is a type of seaweed that is growing in popularity due to its many health benefits!
Sea Moss Gel is the result from blending soaked sea moss with water.
Sea Moss contains 92 out of the 102 minerals our bodies needs and is known to strengthen the immune system, detoxify the body, increase energy levels, improve skin health, and much more.
While Sea Moss and Sea Moss Gel are becoming more well known, it’s not new! It’s very common and even used medicinally throughout the Caribbean.
Sea Moss Drink Ingredients
This dairy-free drink comes together with 6 ingredients, in about 15 minutes from start to finish. Here's what you'll need:
- Wildcrafted Sea Moss Gel (URBEN5 FOR 5% OFF)
- Dairy-free milk: Use your favorite
- Dates: To give a sweet caramel like flavor
- Vanilla extract
- Ground cinnamon
- Ground nutmeg
Sea Moss Tips and FAQ
Can you take sea moss every day? Yes, the recommended amount is 1-2 tablespoons per day.
What does sea moss gel taste like? I find sea moss gel to be completely tasteless, making it easy to add to most meals.
Is sea moss vegan? Yes, sea moss vegan and gluten free!
What else can I use sea moss for? You can add Sea Moss Gel to your tea, morning juice, smoothies, sauces, soups, or puddings. You can also use it as a topical application for the skin and hair!
Which dairy-free milk should I use? Use what you have on hand! I usually use almond milk, soy milk, or oat milk.
Do the dates need to be soaked? Soaking the dates in a bowl filled with water for just 10 minutes will help hydrate and soften them.
Can I double the recipe? Absolutely! Store leftovers covered in the refrigerator for a few days.
I hope you enjoy this easy sea moss drink as much as we do! If you give it a try, please share a photo with me over on Instagram.
Vegan Jamaican Irish Sea Moss Drink
- 2 tablespoons wildcrafted sea moss gel
- 1 ¼ cups dairy-free milk (almond, soy, oat, etc.)
- 4 dates pitted and soaked
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Add all ingredients to a high-powered blender and blend until completely smooth. If the drink is too thick, add additional dairy-free milk until desired consistency is reached.
Pin for later: