My easy homemade hummus recipe comes together with chickpeas (also known as garbanzo beans), olive oil, tahini, and lemon juice.
Hummus is one of my all time favorite dairy-free dips! It’s thick, smooth, and creamy.
It makes for an excellent snack or healthy appetizer.
Better Than Store Bought Hummus
This delicious dip recipe comes together with a few common pantry ingredients. You’ll need:
- Chickpeas also known as garbanzo beans
- Olive oil
- Fresh lemon juice
Simply blend everything together in a blender or food processor. Taste and adjust seasonings, serve, and enjoy!
Easy Homemade Hummus Recipe FAQ
Is hummus vegan? It sure is! This hummus recipe is also dairy-free and gluten-free.
What if I don’t have tahini? For a classic hummus dip, tahini dip is required. I totally understand not having tahini on hand though! I suggest adding about a 1/2 cup of aquafaba or try substituting tahini with a nut butter.
What is hummus eaten with? Traditionally, hummus is often served with pita bread or pita chips. I love serving hummus with fresh sliced veggies like bell peppers, cucumbers, and carrots.
Is hummus like baba ganoush? No, they’re different dips! Baba ganoush is a delicious dish made from eggplant.
How do I store leftovers? Store your hummus is an airtight container for up to 5 days in the fridge.
Want more hummus variations? Try these next:
- Spinach Hummus without Tahini
- Taco Inspired Hummus
- Pumpkin Hummus
- Spicy Roasted Jalapeno Hummus
- Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
I hope you enjoy this simple hummus recipe as much as we do! If you give it a try, please share a photo with me over on Instagram.
Easy Homemade Hummus
- 2 (15-ounce) cans chickpeas
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 lemon juiced
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Salt to taste
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas in a strainer under cool water. Combine everything in your food processor. Process the hummus until it becomes smooth, about 2 minutes. As needed, scrape down the sides to incorporate each ingredient.
- Taste and adjust seasonings. To serve, spread out on a platter, sprinkle with a little extra paprika and drizzle of olive oil. Enjoy with raw veggies or pita wedges.To store, place in a sealed container for up to one week in the refrigerator.