Taco Inspired Hummus takes our usual homemade dip to the next level with a pico de gallo topping. A quick and easy snack or appetizer!
Another hummus recipe? YUP!! I told y’all, we love hummus around here… And this is another winner that y’all must try!
Great for a fun twist on the popular dip, easy snack, or quick party appetizer.
Homemade Taco Inspired Hummus
The ingredients are pretty standard for homemade hummus, we’re just including a pico de gallo topping!
- Tahini (optional)
- Avocado oil
- Lemon juice
- For the topping: Roma tomato, jalapeño, and red onion
What is aquafaba?
The liquid in the can of your chickpeas is called aquafaba. It makes our hummus fluffier, lighter, and smoother!
Want more hummus recipes?
- Spicy Roasted Jalapeno Hummus
- Homemade Spinach Hummus without Tahini
- Creamy and Smooth Pumpkin Hummus
- Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
- One-Pot Asparagus and Sun-Dried Tomato Hummus Pasta
- Grilled Zucchini Vegetable Hummus Wraps
- Naan Pizza with Hummus and Vegetables
Taco Inspired Hummus
For the hummus
- 2 cans chickpeas reserve aquafaba
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 lemon juiced
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
For the topping
- 1 roma tomato diced
- 1 jalapeño diced
- 1/4 red onion diced
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas in a strainer under cool water. Reserve 1 tablespoon aquafaba. Combine all the ingredients together in a food processor. Blend until smooth. Transfer to serving bowl, top with pico de gallo and serve with tortilla chips, pita chips, or vegetables.