Asparagus and Sun-Dried Tomato Hummus Pasta is a one-pot recipe that comes together in less than 30 minutes.
A few weeks ago I posted my entry into the Recipe Redux contest featuring Sabra Hummus, Naan Pizza with Hummus and Vegetables! I received free samples of Sabra and have been experimenting my way through them. I did not enter this recipe into the contest but I still wanted to share it with y’all!
Who doesn’t crave creamy pasta as comfort food? When you’re looking for a quick and easy dinner try this one-pot vegan asparagus and sun-dried tomato hummus pasta. I wouldn’t file this under one of my fancy dishes, it’s definitely unique, fun, and kid-friendly! This fresh pasta is perfect for busy weeknights when you’re looking to switch up your typical routine.
I found that asparagus pairs extremely well with Sabra’s sun-dried tomato flavored hummus but if you have a different flavor or other veggies, go for it and experiment! I wish this recipe would have come to me when I was still in college. It would have been the perfect make-ahead lunch. Will you try this out? Which flavors are you going to experiment with?
Asparagus and Sun-Dried Tomato Hummus Pasta
- 8 ounces farfalle pasta
- 1 bunch asparagus chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 (10-ounce) package Sabra Sun-Dried Tomato Flavored Hummus
- Olive oil
- Lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Crushed red pepper optional
- Boil a large pot of water and cook pasta according to directions on package. Toss in asparagus 5 minutes before pasta is done. Reserve at least 2 cups of pasta water then drain.
- Transfer pasta and asparagus back to pot over low heat, drizzle with a little olive oil and lemon juice. Stir in hummus until well-combined and creamy, adding a little pasta water until desired consistency. Add salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper to taste.