Spicy Roasted Jalapeño Hummus is simple and savory! This creamy dip comes together with chickpeas, roasted jalapeños, aquafaba, garlic, tahini, olive oil, lemon juice, cumin, and salt.
This hummus is spicy, fluffy, garlicky, and totally addicting! It's also super versatile and perfect for those of us with food allergies or intolerances. It's dairy-free, egg-free, gluten-free, and vegan.
My husband and I are basically professional snackers, so we're always trying out new and reinvented dips and bites.
I recently discovered the reduced price produce section in my local grocery store. I'm not sure if it's new or if I just always walked right on passed it, but I'm forever changed by it. Before I start any grocery shopping now, I head straight there to check out what they have.
Lately, I've been hitting the jackpot on bell peppers, jalapeños, sweet peppers, zucchini, and squash! I love roasting vegetables but we decided to try something new. Roasting jalapeños, heck yes!!
What you need for Spicy Roasted Jalapeño Hummus
Not much beats a simple recipe with under 10 ingredients, right? To make this deliciously spicy hummus you'll need:
- Chickpeas (also referred to as garbanzo beans)
- Aquafaba (that's the liquid in a can of chickpeas)
- Olive oil
- Lemon juice
How To Make Roasted Jalapeño Hummus
I love making hummus as an appetizer or snack because it's so easy! There's almost no prep and your food processor does most of the work. For this roasted jalapeño hummus, we have a few minutes of prep work.
For roasting jalapeños you have a few options depending on your kitchen: Broil, roast in the oven, or with an open flame using a gas range.
Once blistered, place in a small bowl and cover. Let steam for about 15 minutes, this will help the skin loosen.
Cut off the stems and peel the jalapeños. Carefully remove the seeds then wash your hands!
Transfer the roasted jalapeños and remaining ingredients into food processor and mix until smooth or desired consistency.
Serve with veggies, pretzels, and pita. Leftovers can be stored covered in the refrigerator.
More yummy dips...
- Spinach Hummus without Tahini
- Vegan Spinach Artichoke Dip
- 4-Ingredient Vegan Buffalo Dip
- Black Bean Dip
- Easy Tomatillo Salsa
Spicy Roasted Jalapeno Hummus
- 2 roasted jalapeños destemmed and seeded
- 2 (15-ounce) cans chickpeas drained, rinsed, reserved ¼ cup aquafaba
- ¼ cup aquafaba reservered from one of the cans of chickpeas
- 2 large cloves of garlic roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Add one of the roasted jalapeños and remaining ingredients to a food processor. Blend until smooth. Taste and adjust seasoning, if needed.
- Dice second roasted jalapeño and garnish on top of hummus. Serve with vegetables, pretzels, and pitas.