This homemade mango habanero salsa recipe comes together with ripe mangoes, red bell pepper, red onion, fiery habanero peppers, and fresh lime juice. It's sweet, spicy, and flavorful!
This chunky mango habanero salsa combines juicy mango with spicy habanero peppers for a bright, fresh salsa.
Why you'll love this recipe
- Quick and easy to make: This habanero mango salsa recipe takes less than 15 minutes to come together.
- Better than store-bought salsa: You can easily adjust the spice level and ingredients to fit your taste.
- Healthy snack option: My easy mango habanero salsa is nutritious and delicious! Plus it's naturally vegan and gluten free.
- Great texture: I love a chunky salsa to dip chips into or serve alongside tacos or your favorite protein. It's perfect for serving at any summer party or occasion.
This fruit salsa comes together with just a handful of ingredients. Here's what you'll need, plus my recommended substitutions.
- Mango: Fresh mango is best! A ripe, sweet mango should have a slight give and not be too firm. If using frozen mango, let them fully thaw before using.
- Bell pepper: Red bell pepper has a slightly sweeter taste than green, yellow, or orange. However, you can use any color of bell peppers you have on hand.
- Onion: Red onion provides the best flavor for this mango salsa, but sweet onion or white onion work too.
- Habanero peppers: I typically use 1-2 small habanero peppers that have been deseeded, with the white membrane remove. Habaneros rank between 100,000-350,000 on the Scoville scale! So be sure to wear gloves when prepping this spicy salsa. If you want a milder salsa, use jalapeno peppers or a serrano pepper instead.
- Garlic: You can use fresh garlic or substitute with garlic powder.
- Lime juice: Fresh is best!
- Olive oil: This ingredient is optional but I like how it brings all the flavors together.
- Salt: Just a pinch to enhance the sweet and spicy flavors!
- Cilantro: Another optional ingredient, but fresh cilantro takes this tropical salsa to the next level.
How to make mango habanero salsa
The full directions for this mango habanero salsa recipe are in the printable recipe card below.
- Prep the mangos, bell pepper, onion, habanero chile, and garlic.
- Add all of the ingredients in the large bowl and toss to combine.
- Taste and adjust seasoning, if needed, to fit your personal preference.
- Serve immediately or let sit for at least 1 hour to let the flavors develop.
What to serve with spicy mango salsa
How to store leftovers
Store leftover salsa in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 5-7 days.
Try these homemade salsa recipes next:
- Spicy peach salsa is chunky and bursting with flavor!
- My roasted cauliflower and chickpea tacos with pineapple salsa are perfect for a light summer meal.
- This melon cucumber salsa is crisp and refreshing.
Homemade Mango Habanero Salsa Recipe
- 2 mangos diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- ¼ red onion diced
- 1 habanero pepper diced
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Fresh cilantro chopped
- Dice the mango, bell pepper, onion, habanero pepper, and garlic. Toss in a large mixing bowl.
- Stir in lime juice, olive oil, and salt. Toss to combine. Taste and adjust seasoning, if needed.
- To serve, garnish with fresh chopped cilantro.
- Store salsa in an airtight container in the fridge for 5-7 days.