Homemade Spinach Hummus Without Tahini is healthy, simple, and flavorful! Hummus is a great snack or side dish because it is full of protein and contains tons of vitamins and minerals. You’ll skip the store-bought stuff from now on because this light and fluffy hummus is quick and easy to make yourself.
I love classic or garlic hummus but lately I’ve been trying to get more vitamins and nutrients, so I added a few handfuls of spinach. Guess what? You can’t even taste that it’s there! Of course, you know it is because of the green hue, but then you feel less guilty as you shovel it into your mouth, right?!
Check out my recipe for homemade pita bread to serve alongside with carrots and other veggies!
Homemade Spinach Hummus
- 2 (15-ounce) can chickpeas
- 1/2 cup aquafaba optional
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lemon juiced
- 2 garlic cloves roughly chopped
- 2-3 cups baby spinach
- 3-4 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas in a strainer under cool water. Reserve 1/2 cup aquafaba. Some of the skins will fall off easily. If you have the time and patience to remove the skins, do it! This will make for a smoother hummus.
- Combine everything in your food processor. Process the hummus until it becomes smooth, about 2 minutes. As needed, scrape down the sides to incorporate each ingredient.
- Taste and adjust seasonings. To serve, spread out on a platter, sprinkle with a little paprika, and enjoy with raw vegetables or pita wedges.
Products from Amazon.com
Price: $44.99Was: $49.99
Like what you read? Click here to subscribe to my email list!