This easy baba ganoush recipe comes together with eggplant, lemon juice, garlic, and tahini. It’s creamy, flavorful, and makes for a healthy appetizer or snack!
Y’all know I’m alll about delicious dips over here! We love our hummus but I decided to switch it up a bit. Hello, baba ganoush!
I first had baba ganoush years ago at a small moroccan & lebanese cafe in uptown dallas. Both Zack and I were amazed at how tasty the dip was. Especially paired with crunchy veggies and warm pita bread! Even though making hummus has become a weekly occurrence, it took me far too long to finally experiment with homemade baba ganoush.
Don’t be intimidated by this dip! Simply roast your eggplant in the oven until soft and tender. Then blend in your food processor with lemon juice, garlic, tahini, and salt until creamy.
Want more easy dairy-free dip recipes? Check these out next:
- Homemade Hummus
- Yogurt Tzatziki
- Spicy Roasted Jalapeno Hummus
- Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
- Almond Ricotta
- Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Avocado Crema
If you try this recipe, please share a photo with me over on Instagram♡
Easy Baba Ganoush
- 1 medium eggplant
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- Salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 450F and prepare a baking sheet. Slice the eggplant in half, lightly coat with olive oil, then place halved side down on baking sheet. Roast until tender, about 30 minutes.
- Once soft, remove from oven and let cool slightly. Scoop out inside of eggplant and transfer to food processor. Add remaining ingredients and mix until smooth. Taste and adjust seasoning, if needed!
- Serve with sliced veggies and pita slices. Store leftovers covered in the fridge for a few days.
SUGGESTED EQUIPMENT & INGREDIENTS