Easy Homemade Pizza Sauce Recipe is quick to make and freezes well. Spread over pizza or use as a dip for breadsticks. Dairy-free, gluten-free, and vegan!
Have you ever tried making your own pizza sauce at home? I recently started and there's no turning back now! It's super simple and takes almost no time at all. You just need 9 common ingredients and about 30 minutes.
Simply cook onion and garlic until soft and fragrant, then stir in canned crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, and seasonings. Let simmer until thick!
Dairy-Free Pizza Sauce Recipe
This pizza sauce is dairy-free, gluten-free, egg-free, and vegan-friendly! Use for pizza/calzones or use as a dip for breadsticks.
Crushed Tomatoes: Personally, I prefer the texture of crushed tomatoes over tomato sauce.
Tomato Paste: This is a must! Tomato paste gives the sauce its thick consistency.
Herbs: I always have fresh basil on hand either from our little garden out back or the Aerogarden. Feel free to use dried herbs if that's all you have on hand.
How to Store Pizza Sauce
Meal Prep: You can make this sauce ahead of time and store in the refrigerator until pizza night!
Fridge: If you have leftovers, store sauce in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Freezer: To freeze pizza sauce, let cool completely then transfer to air-tight storage containers, leaving room at the top. Freeze for up to 3 months.
I hope you try this quick & easy pizza sauce and love it as much as we do! It's thick, rich, and flavorful. If you try this recipe, please share a photo with me over on Instagram♡
Here are some recipes to try it out on:
- French Bread Pizza
- Homemade Bagel Bites
- English Muffin Pizza
- Cassava Flour Pizza Crust
- Spaghetti Squash Pizza Casserole
- How to Make Vegan Pizza Dough
Easy Homemade Pizza Sauce Recipe
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup onion finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 6 ounce can tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon sugar optional
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Black pepper to taste
- Warm olive oil in a medium-sized pot. Cook onion until softened and garlic until fragrant, about 10 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir until smooth and well combined. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to a simmer.
- Let cook for about 30 minutes or until thickened. For a silky smooth pizza sauce, use an immersion blender to blend until desired consistency.