Air Fryer French Bread Pizza is a homemade version of the store bought frozen favorite. It makes for a fun, fast, and easy dinner! Customize with your favorite pizza toppings or what you have on hand.
Who knew air frying pizza could be so simple?! With just a loaf of french bread and your favorite toppings, you'll be ready to go.
Why you'll love this recipe
My husband grew up enjoying frozen french bread pizza from Red Baron and Stouffers. I've gotta say, this homemade copycat is so much better. You just can't beat fresh ingredients topped on a crunchy loaf with a soft and fluffy interior.
Air fryer french bread pizza is great for a quick lunch, last-minute dinner, late-night snack, or even party appetizer.
There's hardly any prep work and cleanup takes just minutes! From start to finish, these personal pizzas are ready in about 10 minutes.
I have a Cuisinart Air Fryer Toaster Oven, which is what I used for this recipe.
This toaster oven air fryer is easy to use and makes cleanup a breeze. It's large enough to cook in big batches, yet compact enough to fit on the countertop.
Every air fryer make and model cooks a little different. You might need to tweak the cook time by a few minutes depending on your specific air fryer.
- French bread: This is the obvious choice due to its name, but feel free to use a baguette or italian bread instead.
- Pizza sauce: Use your favorite store bought jarred pizza sauce or make homemade pizza sauce!
- Cheese: Since I'm lactose intolerant, I use dairy free cheese, vegan shredded cheese, or homemade almond ricotta. Sliced mozzarella cheese or provolone cheese works great too.
- Seasonings: I suggest sprinkling on some garlic powder, oregano, and crushed red pepper flakes.
French bread pizza topping ideas
I love how customizable french bread pizzas are! Want it spicy? Throw on some jalapeños! Trying to clean out the fridge? Toss on those leftovers! Here are other awesome ideas for topping your pizza:
- Red onion
- Bell peppers
- Artichoke hearts
- Pepperoni or vegan meat alternative
How to make french bread pizza in the air fryer
Homemade french bread pizza is quick and easy to make! I usually buy the $1 loaf at Kroger or Walmart.
- Slice a loaf of bread in half, then cut each piece in half for 4 pieces total.
- Place into the air fryer basket, working in batches if needed, and air fry for 3 minutes. This will toast the bread, to keep it from getting soggy!
- Remove from the air fryer and spoon pizza sauce on top. Add cheese (dairy free, if needed) and toppings.
- Air fry french bread pizza for an additional 6-8 minutes.
If you're in a time crunch and not concerned about a potentially soggy french bread pizza, load each slice up with pizza sauce, cheese, and toppings, then air fry for a total of 10 minutes.
Can I bake french bread pizza in the oven?
No air fryer? No problem! Preheat the oven to 400F. Top with all ingredients and bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
What to serve with french bread pizza
We usually have french bread pizza on its own, with a simple side salad, or veggie pasta salad.
If you have leftover french bread pizza, store in an airtight bag or container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Can you freeze homemade french bread pizza?
Yes, you can easily freeze cooked and cooled french bread pizza made from scratch!
Once they've cooled completely, wrap individually in plastic wrap or foil, then transfer to a freezer safe bag or airtight container. Store in the freezer until you're ready to devour!
You could also assemble all of the ingredients, then instead of baking, wrap each slice, and store unbaked.
How to reheat in the air fryer
Reheat leftovers: 350F for about 5 minutes.
Reheat from frozen: 400F for about 5 minutes.
Check on them and add a couple more minutes of air frying until heated through and crispy.
Want more easy air fryer recipes? Try these next:
- Air fryer frozen nuggets
- Air fryer corn on the cob
- Air fryer tacos
- Air fryer tortilla chips
- Air fryer frozen burgers
Air Fryer French Bread Pizza (Homemade)
- 1 loaf of french bread
- Pizza sauce about ½ cup
- Cheese dairy free, if needed
- Toppings of choice olives, red onion, mushrooms, tomato, bell pepper, etc.
- Slice the loaf of french bread in half, then cut each piece in half for a total for 4 open-face pieces.
- Place into the air fryer basket cut side up, working in batches if needed. Air fry at 350F for 3 minutes. This will toast the bread, to keep it from getting soggy!
- Remove french bread from the air fryer and spread pizza sauce on top of each slice. Add cheese (dairy free, if needed) and toppings of choice.
- Air fry at 350F for an additional 6-8 minutes. Until warm and crispy.