Baked Red Velvet Donuts are vegan and gluten free treats drizzled with icing. An easy recipe using allergy-friendly brownie mix, ready in 30 minutes!
I’ve wanted to make baked dairy-free and egg-free donuts ever since I saw a donut pan on Amazon years ago. For my birthday, I decided to finally make the purchase! Perfect timing for fall festivities and getting ready for the holidays.
Y’all, baking donuts is so easy! You literally just whip the batter together, pipe it into the pan, and bake. I’ve been trying the different treats from Safe + Fair and saw on Instagram that a lot of people were using their baking mixes to make pancakes, cakes, and donuts!
After experimenting with their blondies, I decided to test out making donuts using their brownie mixes! They’re moist and spongy, and the absolute best treat for parties or celebrations.
They have birthday cake blondie mix, double chocolate brownie mix, red velvet brownie mix, and a special seasonal key lime pie blondie mix! All their products are allergen-free, so it’s perfect for those of us with restricted diets.
How to Make Baked Red Velvet Donuts
What you’ll need:
- Safe + Fair Red Velvet Brownie Mix (or similar)
- Egg replacer (I prefer Bob’s Red Mill egg replacer but a flax egg works great too)
- Dairy-free milk
- Mixing bowl
- Ziplock bag (for piping)
- Donut pan (love this non-stick 2 pack for $10)
- Cooling rack
Let’s get baking!
Prepare the egg replacer and let come together. In a large mixing bowl, combine baking mix, egg replacer, dairy-free milk, oil, and water. Transfer batter to a ziplock bag and snip off the tip. Pipe the batter into the prepared donut pan and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until done. Let cool, decorate, and enjoy!
Now that I know how simple baked donuts are, I’m going to be making these sweets all the time! I personally think they’re great for any occasion but especially for the holidays.
They would be so cute during Valentine’s Day, you could make them spooky for Halloween, or festive for Christmas!
Want more tasty treats?
- Dairy-Free Baked Oatmeal Bars
- Easy Baked Pumpkin Donuts
- Dairy-Free Funfetti Rice Krispies Treats
- Vegan Sugar Cookies
- Dairy-Free and Egg-Free Banana Nut Bread
- Dark Chocolate Coffee Nut Bars
- Vegan Pumpkin Spice Sugar Cookies
- Dairy-Free Pumpkin Spice Rice Krispies Treats
Baked Red Velvet Donuts
- 1 20 ounce bag red velvet brownie mix
- 1 egg replacer
- 1/4 cup dairy-free milk
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/4 cup water
- Optional: Cookie icing to decorate
- Prepare the egg replacer and set aside. Grease donut pans and set aside. Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine baking mix, egg replacer, dairy-free milk, oil, and water. Stir until combined.
- Transfer to a ziplock bag and snip off the tip then pipe the batter into the prepared donut pans.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until done. Remove from oven when a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool for 15 minutes then transfer to wire rack. Once completely cooled, decorate with icing or enjoy immediately!
SHOP THE POST