Tomato Pesto Bruschetta comes together with fresh tomatoes and vegan pesto. A unique twist on the classic crowd-pleasing appetizer.
Are you looking for the ultimate simple summer snack? Tomato Pesto Bruschetta takes no time to whip together and looks impressive yet rustic at the same time.
Just imagine just possibilities… A couple of these with a big glass of pinot grigio on the patio, or serving these at a summer send-off party, how about just as a midweek happy hour with friends!
How to Make Vegan Pesto
This dairy-free pesto is a one-step recipe, perfect for pizza, pasta, salad, and more!
Here’s what you need:
- Fresh basil
- Pine nuts
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Lemon juice
- Nutritional yeast
- Salt and pepper
Mix all the ingredients together until combined and enjoy! It’s best when served fresh, but can be refrigerated covered for up to one week.
Vegan Pesto Bruschetta
To make tomato pesto bruschetta, start by making the pesto. Spoon pesto over toasted baguette slices then top with quartered cherry or grape tomatoes.
Yup, that’s it! If you really want to amp up the flavor, drizzle a balsamic glaze over the top.
Want more appetizers? Try these recipes:
Easy Bruschetta Recipe
Individual Tomato Basil Tarts
Vegan Oil-Free Yogurt Tzatziki with Fresh Dill
Spicy Roasted Jalapeño Hummus
Vegan Jalapeño Poppers
4-Ingredient Vegan Buffalo Dip
Vegan Spinach Artichoke Dip
Tomato Pesto Bruschetta
- 2 cups fresh basil
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 fresh baguette cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 10 ounces fresh grape tomatoes quartered
- To make vegan pesto, mix all the ingredients together until combined in a food processor or NutriBullet. Taste and adjust seasoning, if needed.
- To make bruschetta, preheat oven to 450 degrees F and prepare a baking sheet. Brush the tops of each baguette slice with olive oil and rub with peeled garlic clove. Place on prepared baking sheet and bake for 5-10 minutes, until toasted.
- Once toasted, top each baguette slice with vegan pesto and quartered tomatoes. Serve and enjoy immediately!