This Easy Bruschetta Recipe comes together with fresh tomatoes, basil, garlic, olive oil, and balsamic vinegar. The perfect quick appetizer and always a crowd pleaser!
There are several dishes I vividly remember my mom preparing for us growing up. One of them being delicious balsamic bruschetta!
She made bruschetta for every dinner party, holiday, and get-together. I always loved mine drizzled with extra-extra balsamic glaze and it turns out I still do!
My husband and I attended a wedding shower last month and our good friend made a special dish of dairy-free bruschetta just for me. I was instantly reminded of my favorite little appetizer. Of course, I had to recreate this classic recipe.
The Best Bread for Bruschetta
You're going to want to use a fresh baguette for bruschetta. You can find fresh baguettes in most grocery stores in the bakery section. My local store often has them marked down to $1 if they bake too many! I may have grabbed two last time I was there...
Some bakeries and stores will cut the baguette for you, but if not you'll just want to slice it at home, about ½ inch thick. I toast my baguette slices in the oven but you could also pop them on the grill if you're having a backyard BBQ or grilling night.
The Best Tomatoes for Bruschetta
Fresh tomatoes! Are you sensing a theme here? Fresh bread, fresh tomatoes, fresh basil. Ripe in-season tomatoes will make your bruschetta burst with flavor. The same friend who made me dairy-free bruschetta, also provided us with these garden fresh ingredients however cherry, grape, heirloom, or roma tomatoes are just as good.
How to Make Bruschetta at Home
To make this easy bruschetta recipe, start by cutting your bread into ½ inch slices. Some grocery stores do this for you! Next, toast the slices either by broiling or baking in the oven or grilling. Combine tomatoes, basil, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper in a mixing bowl. Stir well then serve on toasted bread. Right before serving, drizzle each slice with balsamic reduction.
Want more appetizers? Try these recipes:
Individual Tomato Basil Tarts
Vegan Oil-Free Yogurt Tzatziki with Fresh Dill
Spicy Roasted Jalapeño Hummus
Vegan Jalapeño Poppers
4-Ingredient Vegan Buffalo Dip
Vegan Spinach Artichoke Dip
Easy Bruschetta Recipe
- 1 fresh baguette cut into ½ inch slices
- 1 tablespoon olive oil plus more for brushing
- 10 ounces fresh grape tomatoes quartered
- 1 clove garlic peeled
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 10 fresh basil leaves chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Balsamic glaze to drizzle
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F and prepare a baking sheet. Brush the tops of each baguette slice with olive oil and rub with peeled garlic clove. Place on prepared baking sheet and bake for 5-10 minutes, until toasted.
- As the baguette slices toast, combine the remaining ingredients together in a bowl. Taste and adjust seasoning, if needed.
- Once toasted, top each baguette slice with bruschetta mixture. Serve drizzled with an additional balsamic glaze, if desired.