Vegan Air Fryer Fried Pickles are amazingly quick and easy. They are perfectly crisp, using less than 10 completely dairy-free and egg-free ingredients!
If you like crispy deep-fried pickles, you'll love this air fried version even more! Get the same crunch using plant-based ingredients and almost no oil.
Vegan air fryer fried pickles are crazy simple to make and the cleanup takes just minutes.
These fried pickles are perfect for parties or game day snacking... I may or may not have made a batch to accompany lunch the other day though!
All about my new air fryer
Up until this year, I had the Mealthy CrispLid attachment. It transforms any pressure cooker into an air fryer. You simply place the lid on top, plug it in, then air fry, broil, or crisp!
I absolutely loved it but realized I needed some more space to cook up larger meals or bigger batches of appetizers.
For Christmas, we got the new Cuisinart Air Frying Toaster Oven! I absolutely adore it. I've never had a toaster oven, so I wasn't quite sure what to expect, but it's fabulous!
How to make Vegan Air Fryer Fried Pickles
Make these fried pickles using slices or spears. I prefer the round pickle chips because they're easier to coat and that's what I grew up eating.
They require 9 simple ingredients and are ready from start to finish in less than 30 minutes.
To get started, pat your pickles dry and prepare vegan buttermilk by whisking together dairy-free milk with lemon juice.
The pickles are first coated in flour, then dipped into the "buttermilk" and then coated with our seasoned bread crumb mixture.
Transfer the coated pickles to the fryer basket in a single layer and mist with cooking spray.
Cook for 5 minutes at 400°F, flip pickles, then cook for another 5 minutes. You'll see them get crispy and golden, that's when you know they're done.
Want more easy vegan appetizers?
- Vegan Jalapeño Poppers
- Easy Bruschetta Recipe
- Vegan Yogurt Tzatziki
- Spicy Roasted Jalapeño Hummus
- Vegan Mini Sweet Pepper Nachos
- 4-Ingredient Buffalo Dip
- Vegan Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Individual Tomato Basil Tarts
I hope you enjoy these air fried pickles as much as we do. Enjoy them with my vegan ranch dressing!
Vegan Air Fryer Fried Pickles
- 1 (16 ounce) jar sliced pickles
- ½ cup plain vegan milk
- ½ tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup panko bread crumbs
- ½ cup cornmeal
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Lay out pickles on paper towels and pat to dry, then set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together plant-based milk and lemon juice to make a vegan buttermilk. Let sit for 5-10 minutes.
- Create a dredging station with three shallow bowls: One bowl with all-purpose flour, another with the vegan buttermilk, and the final with the panko bread crumbs, cornmeal, salt, cayenne pepper, and garlic powder whisked together.
- Working in batches, dip each pickle first into the flour, then into the vegan buttermilk, then finally into the seasoned bread crumb mixture.
- Transfer to fryer basket in a single layer and mist with cooking spray.
- Set to 400°F and cook for 5 minutes. Flip pickles using tongs and cook for another 5 minutes, until coating is crispy and golden.
- Enjoy served with vegan ranch dressing or your favorite dipping sauce!