Vegan Mini Sweet Pepper Nachos are the ultimate low-carb, dairy-free, and gluten-free snack sure to please any crowd!
These healthier nachos are perfect for parties or game day! Using halved mini sweet peppers in place of chips, loaded up with your favorite nacho toppings and smothered in vegan cheese – what's not to love?
Even better, these pepper nachos are totally customizable and bake for just 10 minutes! The hardest part of this recipe will be picking and choosing which toppings go on and which get left behind for next time.
How To Make Vegan Mini Sweet Pepper Nachos
Start off by slicing and deseeding mini peppers. Then combine filling ingredients, load up the peppers, top with vegan cheese, then bake until cheese is melted – about 10 minutes. I served these peppers right on the sheet pan. One less dish, right!!
Topping Ideas for Vegan Mini Sweet Pepper Nachos
- Black beans
- Red onion
- Green onion
More Vegan Snack Recipes
What to Serve with Pepper Nachos
Salsa and guacamole are the obvious answers. The real star of the show though is the quick and easy vegan cheese sauce drizzle. I slightly adapted this basic vegan cheese sauce and it was delicious! Basically, I just used different spices and added more water to get the consistency I wanted, and that's it. Transfer the sauce to a squeeze bottle or makeshift sandwich bag with a tiny corner cut and drizzle away.
Vegan Mini Sweet Pepper Nachos
- 1 pound mini sweet peppers sliced in half and seeded
- 1 15-ounce can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 15-ounce can corn drained and rinsed
- 1 lime juiced
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 1 bag vegan shredded cheese
- 1 jalapeño sliced
- 1 tomato chopped
- ½ red onion chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
Serve with: Vegan queso, salsa, guacamole
- Preheat oven to 400F and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place sliced mini sweet peppers on the baking sheet and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine black beans, corn, lime juice, chili powder, paprika, cumin, salt, and pepper.
- Spoon mixture into the peppers then top with vegan cheese and jalapeños.
- Bake for 10 minutes, until cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven and top with tomato and red onion, then drizzle with vegan cheese sauce.
- Enjoy served with vegan queso, salsa, or guacamole