This easy key lime pie recipe is vegan, dairy-free, egg-free, gluten-free, and soy-free! The ultimate warm weather dessert.
I’m a sucker for this vegan key lime pie and love it all year long. This no bake light dessert is tangy, creamy, tart, and perfectly sweet.
One bite takes you straight to summertime! Who doesn’t love a cold dairy-free dessert?!
The cashew and coconut milk base gives it a thick consistency and firm texture.
Vegan Key Lime Pie Ingredients
This is a plant-based pie, so it’s filling is non-dairy and eggless. Depending on the graham cracker pie crust you use or make yourself, it’s also gluten-free!
Here are the simple ingredients you’ll need to make this delicious key lime pie at home.
- Raw cashews: Soaked and softened
- Full-fat coconut milk: From a can
- Coconut oil
- Lime juice and zest
- Agave nectar (or other sweetener)
How to Make Key Lime Pie at Home
This fruit-filled dessert is perfect for an afternoon treat or any celebration!
It comes together so easily, you don’t even need to turn on the oven.
- Simply place all of the ingredients into your blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into the pie crust and spread out evenly.
- Pop in the freezer or refrigerator until fully set and firm.
It takes about 4-5 hours in the fridge and about half the time in the freezer.
How to Decorate
Key lime pie tastes just perfect without any toppings. If you want to add your own touch, here are some ideas to get you started:
- Lime slices
- Vegan whipped cream
- Extra lime zest
Do I have to use key limes? No, I actually used regular limes since I couldn’t find any tiny key limes at my grocery store.
Can I use store-bought lime juice? You sure can, but I suggest using freshly squeezed lime juice. I recommend using this citrus juicer!
Can I freeze this pie? Absolutely, I actually prefer it that way!
How should I store this key lime pie? Store the pie covered in the fridge or freezer for a few days.
Want more vegan dessert recipes? Try these next:
- Easy Vegan Chocolate Cupcakes
- Vegan Mocha Bundt Cake
- Peanut Butter Blondie Bars
- Dairy-Free & Egg-Free Brownies
- Mini Apple Pie Tarts
- Tropical Fruit Parfaits
- Vegan Salted Caramel Cupcakes
- Baked Banana Bread Donuts
I hope you enjoy this dairy-free no bake frozen key lime pie recipe as much as we do! If you give it a try, please share a photo with me over on Instagram.
Easy Vegan Key Lime Pie Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups raw cashews soaked & softened
- 3/4 cup full-fat coconut milk (from a can)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 1/3 cup agave nectar
- 1 prepared graham cracker pie crust homemade or store bought
- Place all of the filling ingredients in a blender and blend until completely smooth. Taste and adjust lime juice/zest and agave nectar flavor, if needed.
- Pour the mixture into the pie crust and spread out evenly. Place the pie in fridge for 4-5 hours, or until set and firm.
- Slice pie once chilled, decorate with lime slices and whipped cream, enjoy!