Easy Homemade Spaghettios are the ultimate comfort food! This nostalgic 30-minute meal comes together with less than 10 ingredients.
It's currently 9 degrees F in Dallas right now and all I'm craving is warm hearty pasta dishes.
Looking for a filling meatless meal? A big bowl of spaghettiOs will bring you right back to childhood. You'll love this recipe because it's:
- Cooked in one pot
- Dairy free
- Egg free
- Gluten free, with GF pasta
Better Than Store Bought Spaghettios
My copycat spaghettios recipe comes together with just a few simple pantry ingredients. Here's what you need:
- Pasta (I love these cute little noodle rings!)
- Canned tomato sauce
- Almond milk (or other non-dairy milk)
- Seasonings to amp it up!
Stovetop Spaghettios Recipe
Like I mentioned, it's literally freezing where I'm at. A lot of homes don't have power, heat, or water. If you're lucky to be able to cook a warm homemade meal, this one's great as a full meal or side dish.
Here's how to cook spaghettios on the stove:
- Simply cook pasta very al dente, according to package directions.
- Once cooked, drain water and add pasta back to pot.
- Add remaining ingredients to saucepan and warm over low heat.
- Stir occasionally until thick and creamy.
- Add extra dairy-free milk if desired.
Cooking Tips and FAQ
Spaghetti hoops, spaghetti loops, or spaghetti rings are absolutely irresistible. Here are some common questions to make it the best ever!
What type of pasta should I use? I love these adorable pasta rings! Any small noodle will work just fine though.
Does it matter what type of milk I use? Not at all! I prefer using plant-based milk, but use what you have.
What if I don't have any milk? No milk, no problem. Use reserved water from the pot of pasta!
What's nutritional yeast? Nutritional yeast flakes season dishes with a cheesy, nutty flavor. They're great added in or sprinkled on top.
Should I save leftovers? Absolutely! Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
What pairs well with spaghettios? Serve spaghettios with any veggie! Try roasted root vegetables, steamed broccoli, garlic spinach.
Want more dairy-free dinner ideas? Check these recipes out next:
- Vegan Penne alla Vodka
- Dairy-Free Fettuccine Alfredo
- Butternut Squash Mac n Cheese
- One-Pot Creamy Red Lentil Pasta
- Asparagus and Hummus Pasta
I hope you enjoy this simple vegan spaghettios recipe as much as we do! It's kid-friendly and sure to be a family favorite. If you give it a try, please share a photo with me over on Instagram.
Easy Homemade Spaghettios
- 8 ounces pasta
- 1 15-ounce can tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons almond milk
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta al dente, according to package directions. Once cooked, drain water and add pasta back to pot. Add remaining ingredients to saucepan and warm over low heat. Stir occasionally until thick and creamy. Add extra dairy-free milk if desired. Enjoy!