This delicious homemade dairy-free fettuccine alfredo sauce recipe is perfect for pasta night! It’s vegan, plant-based, oil-free, non-dairy, egg-free, and gluten-free.
My dairy-free alfredo sauce is rich, creamy, and comforting. Sure to become a family favorite and work its way into your dinner rotation!
We get the creaminess of the vegan alfredo sauce from soaked raw cashews and optional reserved pasta water. If you don’t have any pasta water on hand, any plant-based milk will do the trick!
If you follow my recipes, you know how against cashew-based sauces I used to be. I promise y’all, they’re worth it! The velvety, silky smooth consistency is unmatched. Perfect for vegan fettuccine alfredo!
Dairy-Free Fettuccine Alfredo FAQ
How long do the cashews need to soak? I really recommend letting the raw cashews soak overnight. To soften, they need about 6-8 hours. If you’re short on time, toss them in a bowl covered with water and microwave for a few minutes.
Can this recipe be made gluten-free? Absolutely! It’s naturally a gluten-free alfredo sauce, just use your favorite allergy-friendly fettuccine pasta.
How do I store leftovers? Store the alfredo sauce in the fridge for up to 5 days or freeze for up to 2 months.
Any tips for reheating? The sauce will thicken up a bit as it’s stored, so you may need to add a splash of dairy-free milk or water when reheating.
Want more creamy dairy-free pasta recipes? Check these out next:
Homemade Vegan Alfredo Sauce Recipe Video
Grab your blender or food processor and let’s get cooking! This recipe comes together in just minutes. Watch how I make it in this quick video below!
I hope you enjoy this homemade dairy free alfredo sauce recipe as much as we do! It’s savory, hearty, and blends together in no time! If you give it a try, please share a photo with me over on Instagram.
Dairy-Free Fettuccine Alfredo
- 1 cup raw cashews soaked overnight, drained, and rinsed
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 3 garlic cloves peeled
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 16 ounces pasta
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Once cooked al dente, drain it and return to pot, then set aside. I suggest reserving about 2 cups of pasta water.
- Add softened cashews, water, onion, garlic, lemon juice, nutritional yeast, salt, pepper, and rosemary to a blender or food processor. Blend until completely smooth.
- For a looser sauce, thin with reserved pasta water or plain unsweetened dairy-free milk, 1/2 cup at a time, until desired consistency is reached.
- Pour the sauce over the cooked pasta and stir to combine. Taste and adjust seasoning, if needed. Serve immediately and enjoy!