One Pot Creamy Red Lentil Pasta combines diced tomatoes, onion, garlic, and seasoning into a filling and nourishing bowl.
WOW! You guys seriously have to try this recipe… It’s:
I made a box of lentil and quinoa super-grain pasta and it lasted me 4 lunches! It would be great for dinner too. What I love most about this recipe is that it’s so creamy, without any dairy! Even my husband noticed how creamy the pasta was.
The first time I made this, I used more broth than the second time. Both times were delicious, so if you want a more soupy dish add a splash more of broth. I’ve also tried this with different types of red lentil pasta noodles, so don’t be afraid to experiment!
One Pot Creamy Red Lentil Pasta
1 box (8 oz) red lentil pasta
3 cups vegetable broth
1 can (15 oz) diced tomatoes, with liquid
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 small onion, chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil (or several fresh basil leaves, chopped)
Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Combine all the ingredients in a large pot and stir together. If using fresh basil leaves, wait to add until final stir.
2. Cover pot and bring to a boil.
3. Once boiling, reduce heat to a simmer and stir.
4. Cover again and let simmer covered for 20 minutes.
5. Stir once more, adjust seasonings and serve!
Source: Slightly adapted from Tedi Sarah.
Like what you read? Click here to subscribe to my email list!