WOW! You guys seriously have to try this recipe… It’s:
I made a box of lentil and quinoa super-grain pasta and it lasted me 4 lunches! It would be great for dinner too. What I love most about this recipe is that it’s so creamy, without any dairy! Even my husband noticed how creamy the pasta was.
The first time I made this, I used more broth than the second time. Both times were delicious, so if you want a more soupy dish add a splash more of broth. I’ve also tried this with different types of red lentil pasta noodles, so don’t be afraid to experiment!
One Pot Creamy Red Lentil Pasta
1 box (8 oz) red lentil pasta
3 cups vegetable broth
1 can (15 oz) diced tomatoes, with liquid
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 small onion, chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil (or several fresh basil leaves, chopped)
Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Combine all the ingredients in a large pot and stir together. If using fresh basil leaves, wait to add until final stir.
2. Cover pot and bring to a boil.
3. Once boiling, reduce heat to a simmer and stir.
4. Cover again and let simmer covered for 20 minutes.
5. Stir once more, adjust seasonings and serve!
Like what you read? Click here to subscribe to my email list!
The Urben Life is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com
Source: Slightly adapted from Tedi Sarah.