My crispy tofu stir fry comes together with zucchini, peppers, onion, garlic, ginger, and tofu! It’s perfect for dinner and makes great leftovers for lunch.
As some of y’all may know, I recently started weight watchers! I was put on the green plan and let me tell you – I love it!!
After just one week, I’m already down 5 pounds. It’s really not so much about the number on the scale though. I started ww to understand how to track points and truly be more mindful about what I’m eating.
My biggest takeaway so far is to limit my oils. You’ll notice that I used slightly less oil when cooking the veggies and used a spray for the air-fried tofu.
Easy Vegetable Stir Fry
For my quick and filling stir fry, here’s what you’ll need, but feel free to throw in any other veggies you may have on hand.
- Bell peppers
- Red onion
How to Make Crispy Air Fryer Tofu
Roasted protein and veggies in my air fryer is my new favorite method of cooking! It takes no time at all and the cleanup in minimal.
To make perfect air fried tofu, start by pressing firm or extra-firm tofu to remove excess liquid. I typically do this for about 15-30 minutes.
Slice the tofu into squares then air fry tofu at 400F for about 20 mins, shaking once halfway.
How to Make Veggie Tofu Stir Fry
Prepare vegetables by chopping them all into the same size.
Add a little oil to a large skillet and cook veggies for about 10 minutes over medium-high heat. Once tofu is air fried and crispy, add the cubes to the skillet and stir in sauce.
Give everything a big stir and serve! This is great served alone, over rice, cauliflower rice, or with more veggies.
Can I meal prep stir fry? Absolutely! This dish is great for meal planning. Simply let everything cool then place in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
How many points is this? If you’re on the weight watchers green plan, this stir fry comes out to just 3 points!
What other veggies would be good in this? Oh, so many! Try mushrooms, broccoli, baby corn, and sliced carrots.
Is this stir fry recipe allergy-friendly? It sure is! It’s dairy-free, egg-free, gluten-free (use tamari instead of soy sauce), and vegan. If you’re looking for a vegetarian or plant-based meal, this one’s perfect.
Want more healthy recipes? Check out these next:
- Burger in a Bowl
- Quinoa Stuffed Bell Peppers
- Vegan Taco Zucchini Boats
- Peanut Tofu Bowls
- Butternut Squash Mac & Cheese
- Spaghetti Squash with Peanut Sauce
I hope you enjoy my weight watchers friendly stir fry. It’s full of flavor and filling! If you try this recipe, please share a photo with me over on Instagram.
Crispy Tofu Stir Fry
- 16 ounces extra firm tofu or firm tofu
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium zucchini sliced
- 1 medium bell pepper chopped
- 1/2 medium red onion chopped
- 1 medium garlic clove minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger minced
For the sauce
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce or tamari or coconut aminos
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Prepare tofu by pressing to remove excess liquid then cut into cubes. Place on air frying rack then spray with cooking spray. Air fry tofu at 400F for about 20 mins, shaking once halfway.
- Meanwhile, add oil and veggies to skillet. Cook for about 10 minutes over medium-high heat. Add in garlic and ginger and let cook for another 5 minutes. Stir in crispy tofu.
- Whisk together sauce then pour into skillet. Give everything a big stir then serve!