These healthy loaded burger bowls are piled high with lettuce, ground beef, red onion, pickles, tomatoes, peppers, and a dairy free homemade special sauce.
You know when you try a new recipe and it becomes an instant family favorite? This nourishing burger bowl recipe is one for the books!
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- It's quick and easy to make
- Perfect for meal prep
- Wholesome and filling
- Downright delicious
- Fun and flavorful
If you enjoy this salad recipe, try out my BLT Pasta Salad next! It's dairy free and egg free.
Burger in A Bowl Toppings
I chose to keep it simple with traditional burger toppings along with a couple fun additions!
- Ground beef: I prefer seasoned ground beef, but feel free to use ground turkey, or even a burger patty.
- Shredded lettuce: I absolutely love finely chopped romaine lettuce in these burger bowls!
- Vegetables: We're talking chopped veggies galore! Tomatoes, peppers, red onion, and pickles.
Burger Bowl Ideas
Wondering what else can I put on my burger bowl? Try these extra add-ons:
- Avocado or guacamole
- Dairy-free cheese
- Sliced mushroom
- Shredded carrots
- Sliced green onions
- Mustard drizzle
Big Mac in a Bowl
Sooo I have some news... I started Weight Watchers! As I'm writing this, I'm still in week 1 but I couldn't wait to share this quick, easy, and filling burger bowl.
It made for a perfect weeknight meal and possibly even better leftover lunch! This big mac bowl truly has all the best flavors from a classic hamburger.
Let's chat about my EPIC burger sauce!
Since going dairy-free about 10 years ago, I've always substituted non-dairy yogurt in place of sour cream and other creamy condiments. To keep this bowl on track and low in points, I whisked together a super simple dressing.
It's just equal parts soy-based yogurt and ketchup, with a couple dashes of worcestershire sauce!
In addition to being a great beginner weight watchers recipe, it's also:
- Low carb
- Paleo friendly
- Can be made Whole-30 compliant
- Also can be made vegan by using plant-based crumbles or other meat alternative
Want more ground beef recipes? You'll love these:
- One Pot Deconstructed Stuffed Peppers
- Tater Tot Casserole (Hotdish)
- Egg Free and Dairy Free Meatballs
- Air Fryer Ground Beef Flautas
- Easy Sloppy Joe's From Scratch
- Dairy Free & Egg Free Burgers
Loaded Burger Bowls
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 heads romaine lettuce chopped
- 2 large tomatoes chopped
- 1 medium red onion chopped
- 1 medium bell pepper chopped
- More toppings: Sliced pickles, avocado, green onion
Dairy Free & Egg Free Special Sauce
- ¼ cup plain dairy-free yogurt
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- Warm a small skillet over medium heat and coat with cooking spray. Add ground beef to the skillet and cook until browned. Season then set aside.
- Prepare all toppings and special sauce, then set both aside.
- To assemble 4 servings, create a base of about 1-2 cups of romaine lettuce in 4 bowls. Top each with about 3oz ground beef, 1 tablespoon of sauce, a drizzle of mustard, and desired amount of toppings.