These healthy loaded burger bowls are piled high with lettuce, ground beef, red onion, pickles, tomatoes, peppers, and a dairy-free special sauce. Serves 4.
You know when you try a new recipe and it becomes an instant family favorite? This healthy burger bowl recipe is one for the books!
It's easy to make, perfect for meal prep, and downright delicious.
Burger in A Bowl Toppings
I chose to keep it simple with traditional burger toppings along with a couple fun additions!
- Ground beef: I prefer seasoned ground beef, but feel free to use ground turkey, or even a burger patty.
- Shredded lettuce: I absolutely love finely chopped romaine lettuce in these burger bowls!
- Chopped vegetables galore: Tomatoes, peppers, red onion, pickles
What else can I put on my burger bowl? Try these extra add-ons:
- Avocado or guacamole
- Dairy-free cheese
- Sliced mushroom
- Shredded carrots
- Sliced green onions
- My 3-ingredient dairy-free and egg-free special sauce
- Mustard drizzle
Weight Watchers Burger Bowl
Sooo I have some news... I started Weight Watchers!
As I'm writing this, I'm still in week 1 but I couldn't wait to share this quick, easy, and filling burger bowl.
It made for a perfect weeknight meal and possibly even better leftover lunch! This "big mac salad" truly has all the best flavors from a classic hamburger.
Let's chat about my EPIC burger sauce!
Since going dairy-free about 10 years ago, I've always substituted non-dairy yogurt in place of sour cream and other creamy condiments. To keep this bowl on track and low in points, I whisked together a super simple dressing.
It's just equal parts soy-based yogurt and ketchup, with a couple dashes of worcestershire sauce!
In addition to being a great beginner weight watchers recipe, it's also:
- Low carb
- Paleo friendly
- Can be made Whole-30 compliant
- Also can be made vegan by using plant-based crumbles or other meat alternative
Want more dairy-free weight recipes? Try these next:
- Dairy-Free, Egg-Free, Gluten-Free Meatballs
- Vegan Sausage and Vegetable Skillet
- Spaghetti Squash with Marinara Sauce
- Quinoa Stuffed Bell Peppers
- Meatless Taco Zucchini Boats
- 4-Ingredient Samoas Cookies
I hope you enjoy this burger bowl recipe! It's nourishing, flavorful, and fun. If you give it a try, please share a photo with me over on Instagram.
Loaded Burger Bowls
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 heads romaine lettuce chopped
- 2 large tomatoes chopped
- 1 medium red onion chopped
- 1 medium bell pepper chopped
- More toppings: Sliced pickles, avocado, green onion
Dairy Free & Egg Free Special Sauce
- ¼ cup plain dairy-free yogurt
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- Warm a small skillet over medium heat and coat with cooking spray. Add ground beef to the skillet and cook until browned. Season then set aside.
- Prepare all toppings and special sauce, then set both aside.
- To assemble 4 servings, create a base of about 1-2 cups of romaine lettuce in 4 bowls. Top each with about 3oz ground beef, 1 tablespoon of sauce, a drizzle of mustard, and desired amount of toppings.