Dairy-Free Buffalo Cauliflower Bites come together in 30 minutes for a tasty allergy-friendly snack or appetizer. Great for an after school treat, game day, and more!
Smother cauliflower florets in buffalo sauce for an easy crowd-pleasing meatless snack!
These baked buffalo cauliflower bites are fully loaded with flavor and spice! They're a healthier vegan / vegetarian alternative to traditional buffalo wings.
How to Make Dairy-Free Cauliflower Wings
Start by tossing the florets in a mixture of flour and dairy-free milk. I use almond milk!
Once dipped into the mixture, completely coat each piece in seasoned breadcrumbs, then transfer to a baking sheet.
After the cauliflower florets have baked, cover them with buffalo sauce then pop them back in the oven for a few extra minutes.
Then it's SNACK TIME!
Can I use a whole head of cauliflower instead of packaged florets?
Of course! I recommend choosing a cauliflower on the smaller side. To prepare, cut and trim the cauliflower then use your hands to break apart into florets.
How to make make cauliflower bites vegan?
Substitute honey with maple syrup or omit completely.
How to make make cauliflower bites gluten-free?
Substitute with gluten-free flour and breadcrumbs.
What should I serve with my buffalo cauliflower bites?
I love serving these cauliflower wings with sliced veggies and vegan ranch dressing. Any creamy dip is delicious though!
What if I have leftovers?
In the highly unlikely event you have leftovers, they can be stored in your refrigerator in a covered container. To reheat, I suggest warming in the oven.
MORE EASY SNACK IDEAS (ALL VEGAN, VEGETARIAN, & DAIRY-FREE)
Dairy-Free Buffalo Cauliflower Bites
- 12-ounce bag cauliflower florets
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup unsweetened dairy-free milk
- ¾ cup panko breadcrumbs
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ cup hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons plant-based butter
- 2 tablespoons honey optional
- Preheat oven to 450F and prepare a baking sheet.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together flour and dairy-free milk. In a separate bowl, combine breadcrumbs with salt and pepper.
- Start by tossing cauliflower florets in the batter, making sure each piece gets covered. Transfer to breadcrumb bowl and coat each floret evenly.
- Once coated, place on baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes.
- As the florets bake, whisk together hot sauce, vegan butter, and honey.
- Once cooked, toss cauliflower bites with buffalo sauce then return to baking sheet and bake for an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve warm!