This creamy pumpkin sauce is beyond comforting and just the right meal to bring yourself into the fall season. Choose your favorite pasta and smother it with this savory sauce!
Who’s ready for legging and boot weather? I know I am!! The older I get, the more I love this time of year. Crisp air, crunchy leaves, and cozy drinks and dinners.
Earlier this week I started to make a bucket list of fall recipes to make this season: Dairy-free pumpkin spice lattes, pumpkin cookies, muffins, bread, and muffins, and of course some other goodies! What recipe would you love for me to post? Let me know in the comments.
Pasta with Creamy Pumpkin Sauce
1 tablespoon dairy-free butter
1/2 onion, minced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 (13.5-ounce) can light coconut milk
1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin puree
1 tablespoon nutritional yeast (optional)
1 teaspoon rosemary
1 teaspoon paprika
Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Cook your favorite pasta according to the directions on package.
2. Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and let cook until softened. Then add garlic and saute until fragrant.
3. To the saucepan add coconut milk, pumpkin puree, nutritional yeast, rosemary, paprika, salt, and pepper.
4. Stir until well combined and bring to a simmer. Let sauce thicken for about 10 minutes.
5. Drain cooked pasta and gently mix in with the sauce. Taste and adjust seasoning, if needed.
Like what you read? Click here to subscribe to my email list!
The Urben Life is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com