If you're craving a salty and savory breakfast, this avocado toast with everything bagel seasoning is for you! It's ready in 5 minutes and super simple to make.
Avocado toast is the popular breakfast that involves toasting bread, smashing avocado, and topping with your favorite seasonings.
It's delicious and filling. Once you give it a try, you'll understand the hype. If you enjoy this recipe, you'll love my peanut butter and banana toast!
Why you'll love this recipe
- Everything bagel avocado toast is creamy from the avocado and crunchy from the topping!
- You can eat avocado toast any time of day. Enjoy it for breakfast, brunch, or as a healthy snack.
- It's extremely versatile, so get creative with your toppings! I've included a handful of ideas below.
Any toaster or toaster oven will work for making avocado toast at home!
This toast oven air fryer is easy to use. It's large enough to cook in big batches, yet compact enough to fit on the countertop.
- Bread: The best bread for avocado toast is typically whole grain or sourdough.
- Avocado: Use a medium-sized ripe avocado for 2 slices of avocado toast.
- Salt: I suggest sprinkling on a touch of flaky sea salt to enhance the avocado flavor.
- Seasoning: Top avocado toast with Trader Joe's Everything Bagel Seasoning or a homemade everything but the bagel seasoning made from white sesame seeds, black sesame seeds, poppy seeds, dried minced garlic, dried onion flakes, and coarse sea salt.
How to tell if an avocado is ripe
- Ready to eat avocados may have a darker color, but it's better to determine if your avo is ripe based on feel.
- The avocado skin should have a slightly bumpy texture.
- Ripe avocados should feel slightly soft, but not mushy.
How to make avocado toast
Follow my step by step guide to make the very best vegan avocado toast!
Step 1: Toast the bread
Toast bread in the toaster or toaster oven. Be careful not to burn the bread, but get a nice crusty brown to it. That will ensure your avocado toast isn't mushy.
To make gluten free avocado toast: Use gluten free bread!
Step 2: Spread avocado on toast
Remove the pit from the avocado and spoon avocado onto the toast. Mash using a spoon or fork until smooth and creamy. This is where I like to top with sea salt and/or ground black pepper.
Step 3: Top with seasoning
Season avocado toast with everything bagel seasoning! Feel free to add a squeeze of lemon juice or drizzle of olive oil as well for added flavor.
Avocado toast topping ideas
Wondering what to put on avocado toast? You really can't go wrong, but here's a few popular toppings:
- Spicy avocado toast: I love making sriracha avocado toast for some added sweet heat. You can also sprinkle on crushed red pepper flakes.
- Fancy avocado toast: Add chopped nuts, fresh herbs, or sliced fruit. Try my pomegranate and pistachio avocado toast!
- Tomato avocado toast: Top avocado toast with slices of tomato. Check out my avocado toast with tomato and corn salsa.
- Chickpea avocado toast: Add roasted chickpeas on top for a high protein avocado toast. Or try smashed chickpea and avocado toast.
Want more dairy free and egg free recipes? Try these next:
- Dairy Free Pancakes without Milk or Eggs
- Dairy Free and Egg Free French Toast
- How to Make the Best Vegan Waffles
- Blended Overnight Oats
- Dairy Free and Egg Free Banana Bread
I hope you enjoy this avocado toast recipe as much as we do! It's quick and easy to make, plus full of flavor.
Avocado Toast with Everything Bagel Seasoning
- Toaster oven or standard toaster
- 2 slices of bread
- 1 avocado
- 1 teaspoon everything bagel seasoning
- Toast bread in a toaster oven or standard toaster.
- Scoop out the avocado and spread on the slices of toast.
- Sprinkle with everything bagel seasoning.