Tomato Avocado Toast with Corn Salsa is the best loaded avocado toast variation for summer! Creamy smashed avocado is spread on toasted bread and topped with a juicy tomato and charred corn for the ultimate breakfast, lunch, or afternoon snack.
Avocado toast is a staple around here, and for good reason! It's tasty, healthy, filling, and totally adaptable depending on what you have in your kitchen.
In the summer, I have loads of fresh produce ranging from corn on the cob to tomatoes, peaches, watermelon, squash, and more.
This loaded avocado toast came about when I had an abundance of sweet corn, a large beefsteak tomato, bag of sweet onions, and a few avocados. I hope you love this twist on avocado toast as much as I did.
Why you'll love this recipe
If you liked my winter avocado toast, covered in pomegranate seeds and pistachios, you'll love my summer version just as much.
It's not only delicious, but it's pretty to look at! Go ahead, get your camera ready.
Avocado toast is easy to adapt, feel free to put your own spin on it, and let me know what you think.
- Avocado: Choose an avocado that's ripe, but not too soft. There should be a little give when gently pressed.
- Corn: Fresh corn on the corn in the summer can't be beat! However, this recipe can be made with frozen and thawed corn or drained canned corn.
- Tomato: Look for a large tomato, like a beefsteak or heirloom tomato.
- Onion: Texas sweet onions are currently in season and pair perfectly with the other ingredients. Red onion or a shallot would work well as a substitute though.
- Jalapeno: For a spicy avocado toast, dice up a jalapeno or other pepper for a little kick!
- Lime juice: The acid in the citrus juice helps the avocado from oxidizing, as well as balances out the overall flavor.
- Salt and pepper: Don't skip these ingredients! Generously seasoning avocado with salt and pepper takes your avocado toast to the next level.
- Bread: Make sure to toast your bread to a deep golden brown color. It needs to be sturdy enough to hold up to all the toppings. I typically use a seeded bread, sourdough, or gluten free sliced bread.
How to Make Avocado Toast
Start by preparing the corn on the cob. You can grill the corn, air fry the corn, or simply place kernels in a skillet to pan fry. Choose a method, cut the kernels off, then place into a mixing bowl.
Dice the onion and jalapeno, then add to a skillet with a little oil. Saute over medium heat, until the onion is translucent. Transfer to the mixing bowl and stir together with the corn kernels. Season with salt and pepper, then set aside.
Slice the tomato, set aside, then start toasting each slice of bread.
Cut the avocado in half, remove the pit, and spread the avocado on toasted bread. Place a slice of tomato on each piece of toast. Scoop a spoonful of corn salsa and sprinkle on top. Squeeze lime juice over each slice of avocado toast and serve immediately.
Looking for more summer appetizers? Try these next:
- Vegan Street Corn Dip
- Dairy Free Avocado Crema
- Spicy Peach Salsa
- Cowboy Caviar Bean Dip
- Southern Succotash
Loaded Avocado Toast
- 1 corn on the cob
- 1 large avocado
- 1 large tomato
- ½ small sweet onion
- ½ jalapeno
- 4 slices of bread
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Juice from 1 lime
- Start by preparing the corn on the cob. You can grill the corn, air fry the corn, or pan fry corn kernels in a skillet. Choose a method, cut the kernels off the cob, then place into a mixing bowl.
- Dice the onion and jalapeño, then add to a skillet with a little oil. Sauté over medium heat, until the onion is translucent. Transfer to the mixing bowl and stir together with the corn kernels. Season with salt and pepper, then set aside.
- Slice the tomato and set aside, then toast each slice of bread.
- Cut the avocado in half, remove the pit, and spread over each toasted slice of bread. Top each with a tomato slice and a spoonful of corn salsa.
- Squeeze lime juice over each slice of avocado toast, optionally garnish with chopped cilantro. Serve and enjoy immediately!