No dairy? No eggs? No problem! This delicious dairy-free and egg-free french toast recipe comes together with 7 simple ingredients in under 30 minutes.
My dairy-free and egg-free french toast recipe is quick and easy!
This allergy-friendly version of the childhood favorite will please everybody in your family.
Vegan French Toast Recipe
Making french toast without milk and without eggs is so simple! Here’s what you’ll need:
- Thick-cut bread
- JUST Egg scramble
- Dairy-free milk
- Granulated sugar
- Plant-based butter
- Maple syrup
- Powdered sugar
- Fresh berries
Homemade French Toast Recipe
While french toast can easily be reheated in the microwave, I prefer the crunch and crisp from hot off the skillet toast.
Feel free to double the recipe to make french toast for two or more!
Simply whisk together vegan egg liquid mixture with your favorite non-dairy milk, sugar, vanilla extract, and ground cinnamon.
Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Meanwhile, quickly soak each slice of bread. Once the skillet is warm, brush with a little vegan butter.
Tap excess batter off of each slice and place in skillet. Cook for about 3 minutes on each side, until browned.
Serve immediately with your favorite toppings!
Tips & FAQ
Can I use fresh bread? If your bread is not stale yet, bake it at 300F for about 15 minutes to help dry out.
What is the best type of bread for french toast? I love sourdough french toast but other favorites include brioche and french baguette.
Which dairy-free milk should I use? Use what you have! I usually use oat milk, soy milk, or almond milk.
Can I make this recipe gluten-free? Absolutely! Simply use your favorite gluten-free bread!
Want more dairy-free breakfast recipes? Check out these next:
- One Bowl Blueberry Muffins
- Chia Seed Pudding
- Easy Overnight Oats
- How to Make Homemade Bagels
- Biscuits and Gravy
- Vegan Breakfast Hash
- Tofu Scramble Tater Tot Casserole
- Vegan Cinnamon Rolls
- Eggless Breakfast Muffins
- Vegan Breakfast Bagel Sandwich
I hope you enjoy this easy eggless french toast recipe! If you give it a try, please share a photo with me over on Instagram.
Dairy-Free and Egg-Free French Toast
- 2 slices thick-cut bread
- 1/4 cup JUST Egg
- 2 tablespoons dairy-free milk
- 1/2 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Favorite toppings: Maple syrup, powdered sugar, fresh berries, etc.
- Whisk together JUST Egg, dairy-free milk, sugar, vanilla, and ground cinnamon in a wide shallow dish.
- Quickly soak the bread slices, flipping once to coat. Meanwhile, warm a large skillet over medium heat and brush with plant-based butter.
- Cook each slice for about 2-3 minutes on each side, until browned. Serve immediately, topped with your favorite toppings!