New rides, new shows, and new food! Here are the 7 new things we loved at Walt Disney World during our latest trip in March 2020.
Disney World 2020
My husband and I spent a wonderful week at Walt Disney World in the beginning of March. We stayed on-site and took full advantage of the free transportation!
Throughout our week, we visited Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, and Hollywood Studios each twice – and Epcot once, on our last day.
I thought it would be fun to share a few new things we loved during our trip!
Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railway
Our trip lined up perfectly with the new Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railway opening day. Y'all, the ride is INCREDIBLE!
It's unique, adorable, and full of special details.
Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge
During our 2020 Disney vacation, we also got to experience Batuu and all Galaxy's Edge offers at Walt Disney World.
The new Star Wars land is SO immersive! Photos truly don't do it justice. The details and decor are stunning.
When you're rushing around to your next FP+, be sure to take a moment to really soak it all in. You'll see different characters roaming around and interacting with crowds.
- The rides, of course! Secure your boarding group for Rise of the Resistance and try to score a FastPass+ for Smugglers Run
- Grab a reservation for Oga's Cantina
- Grab lunch or dinner at Docking Bay 7
- If you need a quick snack or lunch, head to Ronto Roasters
- Cool off with a plant-based blue milk from the Milk Stand
The new Skyliner at Disney connects Hollywood Studios, Epcot, Art of Animation Resort, Pop Century Resort, Caribbean Beach, and Riviera Resort.
We rode the Skyliner to Caribbean Beach and Riviera Resort a couple times. Be sure to check out the mosaic murals under the walkway to the loading station at Riviera. They're beautiful!
As someone who doesn't love heights, I had no issues riding the Skyliner. It's a very smooth, enjoyable ride.
Sassagoula River Cruise
On our previous trips, I've always wanted to make it over to Port Orleans French Quarter Resort to pick up a few vegan beignets. We finally made them a priority this time!
It's not super convenient to resort hop, but it's one of my favorite activities when we're not pressed for time. After indulging in the tastiest and fluffiest beignets, we walked around Port Orleans and noticed a ferry boat! We didn't have time for a free ride at the time but ended up taking it from Disney Springs the following evening.
The Sassagoula River boat service seats around 30 people on a 20 minute trip to and from Disney Springs, Port Orleans Riverside & French Quarter Resorts, Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa, and Old Key West Resort. It was such a relaxing ride and gave us new Disney sights to see!
This trip was full of Disney firsts for us! Of course, Happily Ever After is a must-see but don't skip out on the other Disney Nighttime Shows (like Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular) and stage shows that happen throughout the day.
I highly recommend these:
- River of Lights
- Festival of the Lion King
- For the First Time in Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration
- Beauty & The Beast - Live on Stage
- Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular
Plant-Based Dining at Disney
I already mentioned a few of my favorite allergy-friendly treats at Disney. Here are my top 5 plant-based meals and snacks from our recent trip!
- Dole Whip: Classic and Peter Pan (lemon lime) are my faves
- Beignets: Head over to Sassagoula Floatworks at Disney’s Port Orleans French Quarter
- Sanaa Bread Service: Worth the bus ride over to Animal Kingdom Lodge for this spread of Indian-style bread and dips
- Satu'li Canteen: By far my favorite Animal Kingdom spot for lunch or dinner! I'm obsessed with their crispy tofu bowl.
- Totchos: Pick up this filling snack at Woody's Lunch Box at Toy Story Land (Pssst: here's my copycat recipe)
Want more Disney Trip Tips? Read these next:
- Free Things at Disney
- 3 Hidden Gems at Disney World
- Disney Packing List
- 4 Walt Disney World Theme Parks in 1 Day
- The Best Allergy-Friendly Food at Disney World
- Disney World Allergy-Friendly Menus
Heading to Universal Orlando too? Check these out:
Are you planning your Disney World 2020 vacation? What are you most excited for?!